Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fraud Record - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fraud Record

2»

Comments

• MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep

@cncking2000 said:
    This is an example of a useful report. I wouldn't know any of this, "colorful", history without it.

https://www.fraudrecord.com/api/?showreport=90fec5b98cabb031

Wow that has to be the best report I have seen on there yet. Thanks for that, at least we know what a good report looks like now.

• Is there any way to do a free check?

Not essential, i'm pretty sure I'm clean. Would be nice to know though.

@rokok said:
    both fraud record and maxmind sucks -- *if that system declining clients before they pay!

im from somewhere mostly people put on blacklist country, but hey not all people bad. i can live with that situation, but at least you need to respond.

some provider just close the order immediately even potential clients seek for answer, some still have believe, let me take some experience with ramnode, even my first order marked as fraud they respond very fast asking for legal id, thats fine as long as you have privacy policy. sending legal id solved they case.

correct me if im wrong, clients perspective.

I 100% agree with you which is why we don't use Maxmind (I have been flagged many times by Maxmind because I travel a lot). I think it is important to review clients manually rather than have an automated system do it for you.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

@AThomasHowe said:
    Is there any way to do a free check?

PM me your details and I can get your URL for you :)

EDIT: Done.

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • @AThomasHowe said:
    Is there any way to do a free check?

Registration is free, you can make a query yourself.

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

@Jack said:
    STOP SPAMMING.

Sorry boss ;)

• STOP SPAMMING.

• 0xdragon said: Personally I don't like fraud record. Because I choose hosts that are less known (newer), sometimes they just report you for the hell of it with a bullshit description. Luckily I do have screenshots of tickets etc, but FraudRecord haven't replied to me after I sent it into their delisting email.

ub3rstar said: Correct. Some "one man show" hosts that don't like a customer for whatever reason, report them on FraudRecord. Unlike a credit report where you can get stuff taken off, FraudRecord doesn't seem to give a poop and won't take it off (or even reply to any emails).

I reported a listing for my email address to FraudRecord and it was removed within 24 hours.

AThomasHowe said: Is there any way to do a free check?

Hosts that use FraudRecord and have your details can provide you with a link.

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • wychwych Member

Hosts that use FraudRecord and have your details can provide you with a link.

@kcaj that is exactly what happened ;)

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • kcaj said: Hosts that use FraudRecord and have your details can provide you with a link.

Yup, @wych did that for me (thanks!). But

Harzem said: Registration is free, you can make a query yourself.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

• ub3rstarub3rstar Member
    edited August 2014

@Harzem said:
    Type a good email and you'll get a response.

I did include a link to the false report as well as a description on the email I sent back on August 3rd. Also, so we're supposed to mind read and automatically know that "oh I didn't get a response, that means the email wasn't descriptive enough"? Maybe you should have somewhere on the removal process page about what needs to be included and perhaps a ticket system to keep track of emails.

• @Harzem said:

I should note there's been no reply from you yet.

• Ever since we started using it we've seen a dramatic decrease in fraudulent signups. We also submit claims as needed when we have problems arise with customers and recommend you do the same. If all providers work together we can minimize spam & abuse of our servers. I think fraud record is an amazing tool and we're definitely better off with it.

• Not sure why it would prevent fraudulent signups, it can't do anything until someone does.

• @tdchost said:
    Ever since we started using it we've seen a dramatic decrease in fraudulent signups. We also submit claims as needed when we have problems arise with customers and recommend you do the same. If all providers work together we can minimize spam & abuse of our servers. I think fraud record is an amazing tool and we're definitely better off with it.

The problem is anyone can submit claims so I believe there should be a system put in place where only established businesses can report clients.

@GreenHostBox said:
    The problem is anyone can submit claims so I believe there should be a system put in place where only established businesses can report clients.

Just take what you read in the reports with a grain of salt. Some reports are obviously going to be more reliable than others. The best and most reliable reports will have multiple entries by different companies chronicling the same behavior. At the end of the day, it's best to go with your gut instinct.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

nexmark said: Maxmind is good enough for me.

in my opinion the Maxmind on it's own is not good enough, as no one is reporting the issues via their system.