Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$35/month dedicated (Dacentec)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$35/month dedicated (Dacentec)

catalystiumcatalystium Member
edited August 2014 in Offers

Not sure if I should put in offer section or not since I'm not a host but I seen Dacentec has some $35/month servers available: http://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/

2X Dual Core XEON 5140
16GB DDR2 RAM
4 X 146GB SAS
4 3.5" Hot Swap
HW Raid SAS controller
Gigabit Network
Rent to Own - 12 Payments
Free iKVM loan on request
Runs ESXi on HW Raid
No Win2k8
Automated OS Install Tool
Remote Reboot
Unmanaged

Or

2X Dual Core XEON 5140
16GB DDR2 RAM
2 X 500GB SATA
4 3.5" Hot Swap
HW Raid SAS controller
Gigabit Network
Rent to Own - 12 Payments
Free iKVM loan on request
Runs ESXi on HW Raid
No Win2k8
Automated OS Install Tool
Remote Reboot
Unmanaged

Edit: They include 10TB of bandwidth.

Comments

• Not sure but I wonder if those are unmetered bw? As it doesn't state Like on the other plans.

• It shows 10TB if you continue through.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited August 2014

I did a Dacentec rent to own (RTO) and it was a smooth experience throughout. 2 minor outages in the first 365 days and everything handled professionally. Transitioned to straight colocation and upgraded hardware without a hitch.

I just wish they had more locations for 1U colo. They have spoiled me for other colocation (and RTO) providers.

I recommend

EDIT: Anti-paranoia statement: I have no other relationship with them other than currently being a satisfied customer.

• @geekalot said:

For sure, the guys running it over there have been excellent to deal with. Also from what I've seen when I was over there, it was very clean inside.

• @catalystium said:
    For sure, the guys running it over there have been excellent to deal with. Also from what I've seen when I was over there, it was very clean inside.

Yup, I did an onsite as well. Clean setup, well thought out, friendly team ... in the middle of "nowhere," lol. (No offense to Lenoir :-)

• So they don't offer windows installation? :(

• I don't believe they offer any Windows installations except some Windows 2008 eval mode, which they don't offer on this server.

• Is there any tricks to install windows on this

• When ordering look under OS choices, you can select IP KVM and they will setup a KVM to let you install whatever. Question is, would windows work without problems?

• wychwych Member

@hyelton said:
    Not sure but I wonder if those are unmetered bw? As it doesn't state Like on the other plans.

No its 10TB, they also are not the kind of host you are looking for; unmanaged.

• i cant see the 35 a month servers? Do they provide ilo?

• @lukesUbuntu said:
    i cant see the 35 a month servers? Do they provide ilo?

it's sold out i think

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited August 2014

Yep, sold out!

EDIT: Posting this for the hell of it, decided to grab one for personal use.

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5140  @ 2.33GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  2000.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 16048 MB
    Total amount of swap : 16381 MB
    System uptime :   4 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 63.2MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 60.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 55.6MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.05MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 11.9MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 22.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.45MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 25.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 26.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 70.2MB/s
    I/O speed :  99.9 MB/s
  • catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited August 2014

Back in stock it seems :-).

EDIT: gone!

• @geekalot middle of nowhere? hey I was born and raised in that area. Its grown ALOT hahahaha. They do have a nice facility. I enjoyed my visit when I was last in the area.

• @princeshoko said:
    geekalot middle of nowhere? hey I was born and raised in that area. Its grown ALOT hahahaha. They do have a nice facility. I enjoyed my visit when I was last in the area.

@princeshoko, funny, Lenoir, NC is a booming metropolis compared to Berkeley Springs, WV :-)