Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxy with lots of IPv6 addresses
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxy with lots of IPv6 addresses

So,

Im looking for some solution/service that offers private proxies (for a reasonable fee ofcorse, cheaper the better) that gives you lots of ip addresses (ipv6 is fine).

Anyone know of any?

The bandwidth limit must be sort of generous, dont need huge amounts for now (< 100gb should be fine but may need a bit more later).

I came across this http://www.limeproxies.com/ipvproxy.html earlier but they seem to be out of stock. Any one else have any ideas/suggestions?

Any of you reliable Hosts want to offer a similar service to me? :)

Comments

• MunMun Member

umm what is your intent? You could use tunnelbroker, I think?

• Developing an App that talks to another third party service/script(s). I pretty much php curl into those api(s).

There are 2 problems.

1, i do not wish for one of the services to know my actual IP address. So if i proxy through something, that solves that?
    2. one of the services have a request limit, and upgrade of this limit costs an arm and a leg, however the daily limit is enforced per IP. Therefore, if i have lots of proxy ip addresses, this gets past that issue. This 2nd ons is just theoretical, i still need testing ofcorse.

Thus for now, i need a proxy with atleast couple ipV6's to test, and if all works well, then i can look into getting a proxy with a bit more ip addresses and bandwidth. IPv4 is also an option, but if i end up needing a lot more ip addresses, then might not be cost effective.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Could grab a VPS with a /64 and set your own proxy/VPN up and use that.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

matthewvz said: with a /64

The request rate-limiting is likely to operate per /64s (at least if its developers are not utterly clueless).

• rm_ said: The request rate-limiting is likely to operate per /64s (at least if its developers are not utterly clueless).

haha yeah these are the things i need to test and work out.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

rm_ said: (at least if its developers are not utterly clueless).

Some would hope.

• MunMun Member

buy a few cheap VPSs

install a small proxy.php with an auth key

in the proxy php have it simply have a a get for URL

In your main php have a rand statement and have it choose randomly on which one to select between those servers.

Done.

• @Mun said:
    install a small proxy.php with an auth key

in the proxy php have it simply have a a get for URL

Why not using nginx proxy? PHP requests are heavy and expensive.

• MunMun Member

@msg7086 said:
    Why not using nginx proxy? PHP requests are heavy and expensive.

Could do that as well.

• @Mun, Great suggestion, i considered it earlier too. That does work, but the problem there is, with a generic setup like that, you are restricted to 1 IP/VPS. If you are gonna play around with multiple ip addresses on the server, then its a significant amount more effort (its possible still, and also considering it).

But isnt having an actual proxy service much easier/simpler? There are bunch of IPv4 private proxy services that are ~$10/month for 10 ipv4 proxy (and they come all pre setup etc). I just wanted to see if ipv6 proxies would do the same trick, but i cant find a service that offers this. =/