Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trial our VPS Servers for 2 weeks, please help us improving our service!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Trial our VPS Servers for 2 weeks, please help us improving our service!

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
edited August 2014 in Offers

Hello folks,

My name is Miguel Ângelo, I'm almost 24 years old, am from Portugal, and I own WHPlace.com, which has been online since 2004 (I previously had the domain cybersp.org).
I decided this is the right moment to start working on my idea, to sell very decent non-oversold KVM Containers, which utilize SolusVM as the Management Platform/Panel.

As so, I would like to have you abroad and trial the service for two full weeks (10th, september, 2014).
We really plan to stay in the market for a long, long time.
Now the good and interesting things:

Node Specs:

E3-1230v3
32GB RAM
4x240GB SSD RAID 10
Hosted @ Centarra.com

VPS Specs:

KVM Container
1GB RAM
10GB SSD RAID 10
500GB BW
1 IPv4

After the trial, the server will be wiped, and we will start offering these VPS for 7$ per month. You will not be contacted to renew. We really want you to test it and enjoy it. After the trial, you're free to let us know that you want to renew it for its full price or just let it go.

Conditions to apply:

• You need to have more than 20 posts;
  • LET account must be older than 3 months;
  • You will NOT use the container to cause any damage, mainly DDoS, SPAM and related. Those will be terminated in no time.

You'll be given access to SolusVM and we'd appreciate your feedback so we can improve the service.

How to apply:

• Email me directly to [email protected], note that our website is not finished yet, we're still working on it.

Email Template:

Name:

LET Nickname:

What kind of software will you be running in the VPS:

Thanks all, feel free to ask any other question you may have.

(Edit: Mods, please move this topic if I posted it in the wrong section).

Comments

• So, you ask people here to put time and effort for 2 weeks with installations, configurations, benchmarks etc., to help you configure your products, but you are giving him nothing back! Not a discount, some months for free, anything.
    You earn from that. What will you give back for the time that volunteers will give for your profit? (And you know, time and knowledge is money)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jvnadr said:
    So, you ask people here to put time and effort for 2 weeks with installations, configurations, benchmarks etc., to help you configure your products, but you are giving him nothing back! Not a discount, some months for free, anything.
    You earn from that. What will you give back for the time that volunteers will give for your profit? (And you know, time and knowledge is money)

No, I ask people to use the container and enjoy it. I'm not demanding any sort of feedback, but those are obviously welcome.
    I don't see the need to come to every damn post to criticize the OP for wanting to improve the service quality.
    Discount will be available, for sure. Note that I'm also handing these trials for free, not getting anything back, and doing this, it's a quite big risk. I'm not forcing you to signup.

I've already received a few emails and I'll be creating the containers today.

Folks, you're free to appy today :-)

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • I have sent email to you.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I see nothing wrong with asking for help. When you help someone testing something, you should do it mainly because you want to help, not before they offered you some sort of compensation. There will be some how have free time and willingness to help and want nothing in return.

@MrGeneral: Good luck with your new site and services.

Thanked by 2sirmbhe MikePT

@Sakura said:
    I have sent email to you.

Hello Sakura,

Thank you for your email. I have you in top of the list, as well a few other members :-)
    We're reinstalling the KVM node to re-do the RAID 10 config, we should be emailing you the server information really soon, even today!

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    I see nothing wrong with asking for help. When you help someone testing something, you should do it mainly because you want to help, not before they offered you some sort of compensation. There will be some how have free time and willingness to help and want nothing in return.

MrGeneral: Good luck with your new site and services.

Hello DalekOfSkaro,

That is precisely my goal with this trial. I'll be advertising in LET/LEB (if possible), therefore, I want to prove you the stability of the service overall. Unlike most hosts, I don't rent a server for a month and start selling right away to be able to afford next month. That will not going to happen. I'd rather do this trial, and will surely do this for at least two weeks, so I can collect feedback and study the server performance.

Thank you, I'm glad to read such words!

Folks, there are about 25 slots, feel free to email me and I'll get you setup in no time! :-)

I'm unable to edit the typos in the previous post.

I'd also like to mention that Windows is possible, if you own your own Windows License, simply send us the iso link and we will enable it for you. However, note that the first VPS plan has 10GB SSD, therefore, it might not be enough for a fully featured Windows Server.

• Sent in a request for kicks.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Rob92 said:
    Sent in a request for kicks.

Hello Rob,

I haven't received it yet, but you're probably writing it as we speak!

Still, you're more than welcome to apply. I'm looking forward to provide you a good service. If you have any suggestion/feedback, feel free to say! :-)

The emails will, as I said, be sent today, most probably. :-)

• MrGeneral said: Unlike most hosts, I don't rent a server for a month and start selling right away

First of all, you're more than welcome.

As for what I quoted: This is exactly what we do. Each server undergoes 4 to 8 weeks of testing before being put in production, even if it's just a SolusVM HV!

Looks like you're trying to do this right. While I don't have the time to test really, I do wish you the best of luck.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Available OS, since I'm currently unable to edit my own posts :P

CentOS 7.0 x86_64 Minimal v2 (gen 2)
    Debian 7.3.0 x86_64 Minimal v1 (gen 2)
    Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 Server Minimal v1 (gen2)

If you need any other OS, please send us the ISO link and we'll add it for you. In case of a template, then it's easier, just let us know the name of it, whether it's Fedore, OpenSuse, Windows 2012 Server (Trial), SolusOS, ClearOS, etc.

We're here to serve you.

About the hardware, it's a partnership I have with a Centarra.com client, which fully owns the hardware, therefore, you may expect a stable service. Although the disk space isn't much, it's pure SSD RAID 10, the I/O is consistent.

Thank you all for being helping me, and join our trial, there are lots of slots available!

• I sent in a request as well. Looking forward to the trial.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MrGeneral said:
    I haven't received it yet, but you're probably writing it as we speak!

Big facepalm on my part. The email account that I was trying to send it with is not working so I will need to send it from another account. Completely slipped my mind when I was sending it out.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Email sent!

Thanked by 1MikePT

@AlanB said:
    I sent in a request as well. Looking forward to the trial.

Hello Alan,

The login details were just sent! :-)

@Rob92 said:

Rob, no problem at all! I'm glad to have you abroad! :-)

@zevus said:
    Email sent!

Replied! :-)

@ LET,

There's still about 20 slots, please, join our trials and help us getting even better!
    We actually plan to run a trial everytime we order a new node, so we, us and you, can be sure that the service provided will be exceptional :-)

Since I can't edit my reply, once again... :p

I have now created all the trial requests, keep them coming! :-)

Hi all, right now, there are still 20 slots left, email me and I'll get you setup in no time :-). Testers will have a special discount/offer.

• BradBrad Member

All I see is :-)

:-)

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Email sent :)

edited August 2014

@Brad said:
    All I see is :-)

I'm a very positive guy.

:-) hihi

@kluncrit said:
    Email sent :)

Received and login information sent!
    Enjoy the trial, kluncrit.

• "2 Week Trial VPS, please help us improving our service!" - there is a grammar irregularity somewhere in here, in case you would like to fix that

• 2 weeks work but nothing back..LOL

nice try

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited August 2014

Why so low disk!? :(

• thank you @MrGeneral

@vpnarea said:
    "2 Week Trial VPS, please help us improving our service!" - there is a grammar irregularity somewhere in here, in case you would like to fix that

Hello,

I apologise for that, but I'm not an english native speaker, therefore, I think I do have a good excuse for the typos ;P

@antiycda said:
    2 weeks work but nothing back..LOL

nice try

Hello,

I think I've been here longer than you, for years. I'm not giving work to anyone. Interestingly, you're offering a 2 months VPS. This is not a "try", I've been in the webhosting industry since 2004.
    Have a nice day! :-)

edited August 2014

@linuxthefish said:
    Why so low disk!? :(

Hello Linux, Teh Fish!

To be honest, our main idea was to provide SSD Cached VPS, however, this server configuration came as SSD RAID 10, so we thought we should do KVM Containers, pure SSD.
    We want to deliver an exceptional service, therefore, we shouldn't go for the quantity but for the quality of the service.

Our total usable space is enough to pay the bills and afford a new server. We're just like that. We don't want to start overselling as the majority hosts do, only to find yourself with no decent I/O, network or even CPU.

In Shared/Reseller hosting, we have clients that have been with us for more than 6 years, and this is possible with our no-overselling policy. Although every host oversells, we couldn't do this in KVM, because basically:
    KVM creates a new volume, uses it in full (e.g: 10GB disk per VPS), total usable space: 420GB, which means 42 clients.
    Now we can possibly get 42 more clients and fill up another similar node if we maintain this server properly. Do you see my point here? It's not about "just another company selling KVM VPS's", it's an old company selling non oversold KVM VPS (and yes, we do know that you can still oversell in KVM, but we're seriously NOT interested in overselling).

I've done a Marketing/PR Bachelor, and as so, overselling the service would be a pretty much feasible way to profit way more with the servers. If you talk to WebHosting Company CEO's/CTO's, they'll tell you that: "Man, if you don't oversell, you're screwed... Every host oversells". We can oversell in Shared/Reseller hosting, because controlling the disk usage, cpu and network is straight forward. However, when you're entering in the VPS market by selling KVM VPS, a market that already is way too satured, you need to provide something unique.
    We do. We sell reliable, non-oversold KVM Containers and we're here as a company who you can count with. Even though we sell Unmanaged VPS, we are always willing to support you, because it's not just about selling, but being able to keep most clients while growing even more. We plan to stay in the market for a very long time. It's been 10 years since I started this company under the brand name "CyberSP", which has then changed to "WHPlace - WebHostingPlace".

I hope I have clarified your question.
    Feel free to apply for our trial! We'd be glad to have you abroad :-)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

@kluncrit said:
    thank you MrGeneral

Hello!

You're welcome! I hope you do enjoy the trial and please do let us know if you need anything from us, we would be glad to help you!

Hello,

Bumping this thread because there are about 15 slots to fill up! :-)

Hello,

Some slots were freed up.

This trial will end at 10th of september. Join our trial while you can, you'll have a further discount. Email me to: [email protected]