Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World's Smallest Datacenter - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

World's Smallest Datacenter

2»

Comments

• jEpjEp Member

@Chuck said:
    Damn. Where?

Finland

• Since we're all stating our home connections: 100Mbit/2Mbit 500GB @ $160/m
    Australia.

• @Rhys_quadex said:
    Since we're all stating our home connections: 100Mbit/2Mbit 500GB @ $160/m
    Australia.

$160 as in USD? That's is so expensive. Mine is 50Mbit/4Mbit 300GB $50/m.

• 100Mbps down & 25Mbps up for $74US/mo
    300GB very soft quota - they email you to knock it off but don't do anything further

• @Chuck said:
    $160 as in USD? That's is so expensive. Mine is 50Mbit/4Mbit 300GB $50/m.

AUD, internet in aus aint all that great coughTelstracough

• @jvnadr said:
    What's the new here? There are providers here in LET that are using RPi's in production / renting them...

These boards are 8-core Cortex-A15 which are way more powerful.

• @Rhys_quadex said:

Just Google Telstra. They do suck. I mean holy sh*t after reading the reviews. Why don't people just leave them?

• @Chuck said:
    Just Google Telstra. They do suck. I mean holy sh*t after reading the reviews. Why don't people just leave them?

Because they're the only ones servicing certain areas? Sure, there's Optus and a bunch of other providers (who use Telstra Wholesale). But Internode/iiNet (bought out Internode and are using their backbone) are probably one of the best providers, if not the best.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • @0xdragon said:
    $80 a month for 100GB @ 3-5mbit.

Given the bandwidth, Australia I guess?

• @wcypierre said:
    Given the bandwidth, Australia I guess?

Yep...

• @0xdragon
    Where abouts are you its supposed to be 8mbit minimum these days unless you are out in the sticks like i was..
    Funnily enough, telstra didnt have any ports where i moved to now, but internode just installed some new dslams where i am :)

• @Chuck said:

Telstra 4G wins. Fastest, most reliable connection anywhere. Telstra Global isn't that bad. At least it doesnt go Syd to LA to China to reach stuff you need or Syd to Tokyo to HK.

100/40mbit iinet $85/month

• 100/40 with 300GB of data for AUD 95 a month. My first month with fibre and I'm now shaped to 256K/256K until my plan rollover which, thankfully, is tomorrow.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@concerto49 said:
    100/40mbit iinet $85/month

I wouldn't touch telstra four years ago now I'm happily using my mobile with them, 4G and a package that fits my needs and budget won me over.

Internet wise 6/1mbps 250GB limit for $59.95/month with internode. Native IPv6 is a bonus.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    0xdragon
    Where abouts are you its supposed to be 8mbit minimum these days unless you are out in the sticks like i was..
    Funnily enough, telstra didnt have any ports where i moved to now, but internode just installed some new dslams where i am :)

Telstra hates me. I'm in an area where everyone seems to have 18mbit... and I don't. Same thing happened in another state and three other properties too.

• Could always grab ahold of your cable and pull it violently towards your home until it breaks somewhere on their end and wish for the best :).

• @0xdragon .. yeah it does seem it... on another note, im upping my Data to 150+150 as we speak... damn it i want my internet fast again! NOWWW

• @0xdragon said:
    Yep...

life sucks. although mine is not that good either(but at least its unmetered)

• mrtzmrtz Member
    edited August 2014

@0xdragon said:
    Yep...

Even the uni I did exchange at over there had bandwith-limits for the student accounts (supposedly not for wired-connection but they fucked up the routing so everything was monitored). Luckily they didnt block the "new-students-that-doesn't-have-an-account-yet"-account which didn't have a limit.