Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cannot access cpanel ports when cloudfare is enabled
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cannot access cpanel ports when cloudfare is enabled

Hello everybody.

I have this website powered by cloudfare, everything works fine, but when trying to access webmail or control panel using ports 2096 or 2087 I cannot access. According to cloudfare website Cookie IP Validation should be disabled. Any idea or tip to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Thanked by 1IceCream

Comments

• udkudk Member

You won't be able to use those ports on free plan

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited August 2014

< delete this >

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Cloudflare will work on those ports, but unless you have the pro plan SSL will not which breaks those ports. You can either use the non SSL cPanel ports or just wait until Cloudflare brings the free SSL in a month or two to their free plans

• Should work with :2082, but you can just use the servers IP to access cPanel anyway.

• You can still use the CF protected domain to cover the server, and setup a secondary A record with CF turned off, so that you can still use an easier to remember name to access the HTTPS stuff directly until CF releases SSL for free plans.

• artvartv Member

cpanel.yourdomain.com

or

webmail.yourdomain.com

work perfectly well for me (free plan)

• @johnny99 said:
    Hello everybody.

I have this website powered by cloudfare, everything works fine, but when trying to access webmail or control panel using ports 2096 or 2087 I cannot access. According to cloudfare website Cookie IP Validation should be disabled. Any idea or tip to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

The solution provided by artv generally works. Did that fix the issue?

cpanel.yourdomain.com
    or
    webmail.yourdomain.com
    work perfectly well for me (free plan)

• I always do direct.mydomain.com:2082 and bypass cloudflare entirely when using cPanel/WHM.

• MrObvious said: I always do direct.mydomain.com:2082 and bypass cloudflare entirely when using cPanel/WHM.

This is the solution. Create a subdomain in Cloudflare, press the "cloud" sign (bypass cloudflare cdn) and point that entry to your server's ip. Then, you can access the specific port even with ssl

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited August 2014

Don't have a "direct" or "cpanel" subdomain to the same server or else there is no point having cloudflare for the security/anti ddos benefits...

Either through https://domain:2083 (2082 and http if SSL does not work) or directly through your server ip!