Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issue with ChicagoVPS email
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issue with ChicagoVPS email

I signed up for ChicagoVPS service about two weeks ago. Everything set up fine and the VPS works well. However, I have never receive any email from CVPS. Last Friday, I opened a ticket to request to check this into. The service staff said there's no issue with CVPS set up. He asked me to check if there's anything in the spam fold. I checked a few times and there's nothing either. I asked him if he can send an email manual using regular email. He said he can only send through the ticket system. BTW the email address works fine and is used by other VPS services without problem. After struggle for four days, last night, he suggested I change my email address and he will reset my account. I changed the email address. This morning, I cannot log into my account anymore using my old email address. When I changed to my new email address, I cannot log in either due to a password error. Since I have never received any email from CVPS, I don't know what password is it now. I requested a password reset, the process went through fine. That means the email address has been changed and my security question is valid. However, I didn't receive any email, so I cannot do the reset. Right now, I have no way to log into my account and have no way to get in touch with CVPS. There's no answer on the phone number listed on BBB site. Let's see if I get in touch with somebody through this Forum. I have also send a message to CVPS_Cris. Hope he will reply.
Let's hope I can resolve this problem this way.

Comments

• said: Let's see if I get in touch with somebody through this Forum.

You're getting in touch with all of us, readers who're bothered with specific hosts all the time. We're not helpdesk for every private issue with host. Stop using us!

• said: Let's hope I can resolve this problem this way.

Let's hope not.

Let's hope this way: https://billing.chicagovps.net/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Welcome to the helpdesk.

First let me ask you did you send a ticket to the host as per serverian's suggestion?

Regards,
    Your LET technician

• Yes. I have started the ticket process a few days ago and opened a ticket with numerous exchanges. The problem was not solved that way. This morning, I was frustrated because I cannot log in to my account anymore. That is why I posted on this board hope someone will be able to get back to me to reestablish the contact. Actually, Chris from CVPS called me. He told me it was probably because their ip address was blocked by some spam filtering company. He verbally told me about the new address so the problem was resolved. Thanks Chris!

• @Spirit said:
    You're getting in touch with all of us, readers who're bothered with specific hosts all the time. We're not helpdesk for every private issue with host. Stop using us!

The main purpose of the posting was for other to share my experience. I view it is an informal review of CVPS in this particular event. I though review a VPS provider based on the personal experience is one of your mission. Is it correct? If I was wrong, sorry about that. Maybe you have already made this clear but I didn't notice.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2014

@twinclouds No, it is not informal for other clients. It is a personall issue with your hosting provider. This is not a review, or else, any open ticket to any of the 100's providers here should be posted as review!..

As of CVPS emails, I receive them normally in my gmail and in my hotmail (2 different accounts with them).

• @jvnadr said:
    twinclouds No, it is not informal for other clients. It is a personall issue with your hosting provider. This is not a review, or else, any open ticket to any of the 100's providers here should be posted as review!..

As of CVPS emails, I receive them normally in my gmail and in my hotmail (2 different accounts with them).

@jvnadr,
    Then I don't know what is the story for me. Actually, Chris from CVPS called me back said it was probably some spam company blocked CVPS's email based on their address. If it is case, it should not be only my problem. In any case, Chris helped me to restore my password and I at lease can log in right now. However, I still have not receive any email even though I have changed my email to my hotmail account.