Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I allow arbitrary url parameters for virtualmin?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do I allow arbitrary url parameters for virtualmin?

I dunno if this is the right category for this. I have a wordpress website running on a vps with virtualmin. I run ads via adwords and when someone clicks on my ad they get directed to a 404 page on my site because of adwords auto-tagging when conversion tracking is enabled. The link they click goes something like www.example.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwyMafBRCU7O - the gclid causes them to go to a 404 page.

How do I fix this error? I read up about it and allowing arbitrary url is dangerous. Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• wychwych Member

That shouldn't cause an error, at least it doesn't on my wordpress sites, you could always tag the URL manually.

What modules/plugins do you have?

• Truthfully the title of this thread is mis-leading. This has nothing to do with virtualmin. It is a wordpress/.htaccess specific question it seems.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

Point @pcfreak30, whats in htaccess too @plinkboom?

• Hey wych, thanks for the suggestion. I think w3 tc cache was the one causing it. I disabled it for now and I think it's working alright. Thank you!

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

@plinkboom said:
    w3 tc cache was the one causing it

Sounds legit, have a gander at QuickCache.

• I'll give QuickCache a try. Thanks Wych!