Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How often do you get asked for locations you don't have? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How often do you get asked for locations you don't have?

2»

Comments

• /UnrelatedNote

2FA on SolusVM would be neat too :)

Heard it was "being worked on." Not sure if that's true or not.

• wychwych Member

This EU VAT crap is a headache.

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:

So, are you speak about the new rule from January 1 or the currently valid rules?

• @charlie the current rules are OK. The new rules from January 1st 2015 look like a nightmare.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Sent my accountant a WTF email, done a lot of reading last night on this, EU is going to sink over night IMO when they start this.

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    charlie the current rules are OK. The new rules from January 1st 2015 look like a nightmare.

I don't know this is globally or locally, but in Hungary (as the tax authority is say) i will handle this situation on one place, on-line. ("one window administration")

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I get more tickets asking for servers in locations that I don't and never have had any presence in than tickets needing support with existing services. The (one) location is all over the website, people just don't read.

• shovenose said: I get more tickets

Which hosting company do you run?

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

I think they are working very hard on reselling module.

• @srvrpro said:
    Which hosting company do you run?

Frixel Solutions, aka Shovehost 2.0

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited August 2014

I would have thought a working client side backup system would have been a higher priority than IPv6 subnet ranges and now it's been pushed back another 3-4 months of what seems to be have been over a year now.

Thanked by 1trexos
  • Also, to stay on-topic: If someone asks i check if it is feasible (so no requests like Saudi Arabia or Iran or Belarus), if more requests are coming in or i see a market (like Israel as hightech economy) we usually add it in 1-2 months.

Most locations EDIS has were not requested though, mainly is a selection of what i wanted :)