Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One year with backupsy.com - A small review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

One year with backupsy.com - A small review

AmitzAmitz Member
edited August 2014 in Reviews

Dear all,

while I was going through my options for further possible backup providers, I came across the fact that I have one backupsy VM since 1 year now and thought that this would be a great point in time for a review of their service.

I ordered it in their NL location on 1rst of August 2013 and it was provisioned instantly after payment. Since then, it simply worked. No worries at all. I use it to take backups with rsnapshot of 5 different servers around the world and see Gbps speeds to all of them, so the network is just great. I hate if taking backup takes hours, but with my backupsy VM, it is just a matter of minutes.

Besides a good network, stability of the service is very important: What shall I do with a good network if the VM itself is down when I need it to do its job? As far as I can remember, my backupsy VM was up all the time with no interruption of service throughout the whole year.

The current uptime is "just" 115 days, because I rebooted it once to install additional software:

14:29:22 up 115 days, 16:36, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

I only had five tickets with support during that whole timeframe: Two were about upgrading the VM, one was about a rDNS entry (did not find the option in their panel because I was blind like a mole), another one was about a late payment of mine (holiday without internet access) and the last one was about me not able to connect to the VM because I locked myself out with iptables. All have been answered in a very friendly and absolutely timely manner.

So I guess I tell you nothing new, but if you are looking for a very reliable backup/storage VPS with friendly & professional support and a blazing fast network to move your data around: backupsy.com is your place to be.

I would love to spice up this review with a pinch of criticism, but there is simply nothing negative that I could say about their service. It. just. works.

Thumbs up, @serverian, for providing such a great service at an affordable price! Keep up the good work and thank you for the last 365+ days!

A great rest of the day to you all,

Amitz

Thanked by 3orak serverian Blanoz

Comments