Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US] StyleX Networks - Fully Managed Cloud VPS - Xen & OnApp - Starting @ $6.99/6mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US] StyleX Networks - Fully Managed Cloud VPS - Xen & OnApp - Starting @ $6.99/6mo

edited June 2012 in Offers

StyleXNetworks' cloud VPS servers have enterprise-class resilience, with multi-layered security, a self-healing architecture and automatic hypervisor failover. This saves valuable time and helps ensure maximum uptime for you.

We would like to give LowEndTalk users an exclusive opportunity to take advantage of our limited time offer. Please understand that the sole purpose of this offer is to allow customers to try our cloud VPS services. There are no hidden terms, costs or any restrictions.

These packages can only be purchased at a semi annual rate.

Small Plan
256 MB RAM
10 GB HDD
300 GB Bandwidth per month
1 IPv4 Address
Free /64 block of IPv6 (On request)
OnApp Cloud platform
Features: Xen Hypervisor, Automatic Fail over, Instant Scalability, RAID-10 storage, KVM console access, Load balancing and Auto-Scaling (Additional charges apply)

$6.99/6mo - Fully Managed
50 Available
Order link

$3.99/6mo - Unmanaged
50 Available
Order link

For additional plans visit here

Fully Managed - Overview

Kernal OS upgrades and patch
Application upgrades (Best effort on 3rd party)
Cpanel/WHM install/update
PHP,MySQL,WeBServer compilation
SSL,DNS installation and configuration
Trouble shooting (FTP,Email,Database ..etc)
Assist in recovering failed boot servers due to errors
Installing logging and monitor tools
10 incident support per month

Add-ons
Cpanel/WHM - $10/mo
Free Migration
Plesk unlimited domains - $10/mo
Plesk Power Pack - $5/mo
Additional IP - $1/mo (Justification may be required for more than 5 IP's)
Operating Systems - List of templates

Hardware Specifications for each hypervisor:
CPU: Dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620
RAM: DDR3 1066 ECC
Storage: Centeralized SAN storage
Hypervisors are connected through multiple 1Gbps ports (Individual VPS runs on max 100 Mbps port)

Our Network
Data Center - MultaCOM Located In Los Angles, California (West Coast)

Ping Test: 108.166.200.4

Speed Test: 50MB, 100MB, 500MB

Accept Payment Methods
Credit Card - VISA, MasterCard, Discover, VISA/MC debit cards.
Paypal

Contact Us
Phone: 1-855-4STYLEX (478-9539) M-F (9 AM - 6 PM EST.) - Billing & Sales inquires only
Live Chat
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Follow and like to stay updated
Twitter
Facebook

Comments

• fanfan Veteran

Just got the unmanaged one, now I have two VPS's with them, the other one is the free-for-life one they've offered earlier.

The cpu allocation for both is a low value of 5%, may get slow when compiling but acceptable, disk I/O is not super fast but still acceptable. Their live chat is pretty good and useful. So far so good and I'll wait to see if they can continue to do well in the future.

• blackblack Member

Their support is fantastic, server uptime is great as well.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

I have one of the xen onapp VPS with these guys and it has been great. I went in dubious of their $0 offer, but this thing is a power horse.
    Despite the low looking CPU allowance, it has powered through the openssl speed test.
    https://www.thriftydevil.com.au/technology/full-review-of-stylexnetworks-xen-onapp-virtual-private-server

The tech and support are great!

• lumaluma Member

I am still in the early stages of testing this VPS but so far IO is leaving a lot to be desired (33 iops)

But still testing + will open a ticket and then update this post as I really don't want to jump the gun.

• lumaluma Member

They had a different deal a few days ago when I signed up. it was $3.00 per month (same package)

This package is $3.99 for 6 months. Dead Pool soon?

IO results:

root@selene:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 66.6624 s, 16.1 MB/s

--- . (ext3 /dev/xvda1) ioping statistics ---
    30 requests completed in 29473.0 ms, 64 iops, 0.3 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.3/15.6/201.7/46.5 ms

--- . (ext3 /dev/xvda1) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 9302.9 ms, 33 iops, 0.1 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.3/30.1/265.6/79.0 ms

• LAKidLAKid Member

$3.99 for 6 months? So it's $0.67/m? who said that?

• edited June 2012

@luma,

I did look over your ticket and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. However the agent did give you a proper explanation, this is a new limited time offer eligible only for new subscriptions. Any previous subscriptions will not be eligible for a discount or a partial refund.

One of our technicians did respond to your inquiry in regards to slow I/O speeds however it was closed since you requested to cancel your account. Shortly after a full refund was issued.

Here are the results of some recent tests we just ran:

http://i50.tinypic.com/24m9d20.png
    http://i46.tinypic.com/rsct1c.png

• @LAKid said: $3.99 for 6 months? So it's $0.67/m? who said that?

Thats what it costs buddy

• LAKidLAKid Member

@stylexnetworks would you confirm this is really $0.67/m?

• edited June 2012

@LAKid

Yes this is $0.67/mo however this specific package can only be purchased at a semi annual rate ($3.99/6mo) for unmanaged and ($6.99/6mo) for fully managed.

• LAKidLAKid Member

existing customer can't purchase?

• @LAKid,

Existing customers are more than welcome to purchase however this offer does not apply to any existing or recurring subscriptions.

• LAKidLAKid Member

Of course, thanks...

• huluwahuluwa Member

Is this a recurring price?

• @huluwa,

Yes this is a recurring subscription at a semi annual rate.

• huluwahuluwa Member

@stylexnetworks said: Yes this is a recurring subscription at a semi annual rate.

Cool, thanks, got one.
    Only one per customer restriction applied?

• @huluwa,

There are no set restrictions but we did like to give everyone an equal opportunity.

• huluwahuluwa Member

@stylexnetworks said: There are no set restrictions but we did like to give everyone an equal opportunity.

one is enough for me, thanks for your reply.

• LAKidLAKid Member

Down?

• fanfan Veteran

Weird, one of my VPS's with you is currently inaccessible and the other is fine.

• edited June 2012

@LAKid, @fan

I won't be able to help anyone here that does encounter any technical issues.

1 - This will require sharing confidential information, which i cannot discuss.
    2 - I am not a technician, opening a support ticket will get your issue resolved.

Posting here will not certainly resolve your issue.

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited June 2012

I know what you're saying but,
    I wanted to open ticket, but your site is down, no other choice to get your attention.

• earlearl Member

@luma said: This package is $3.99 for 6 months. Dead Pool soon?

Their site seems to be down!! did the really dead pool so soon?

• edited June 2012

@LAKid @earl

One of our Hypervisors failed and automatic fail over feature was initiated. Every VPS on that specific Hypervisor is automatically transferred to a new one. Typically 10-15 seconds per VPS.

• LAKidLAKid Member

You'd better host your own site to somewhere else, so that we could at least communicate thru ticket system.

• @LAKid

This is already in process.

• All VPSs should be back up and running. If you do encounter any issues please contact our support team for further assistance.

In a traditional VPS setup this would have caused down time until the issue was resolved. However, having multiple Hypervisors allows the system to transfer over all VPS's to a new Hypervisors therefore minimizing downtime.

• LAKidLAKid Member

It's down again, well, give up now..

• edited June 2012

@LAKid

I sincerely apologize, an error caused one hypervisor to go offline which initiates automatic fail over to transfer all VPSs to another hypervisor. Servers are up at the moment.

We are actively working with OnApp to prevent this issue from occurring again.

• edited June 2012

$3.99/6mo - Unmanaged has been sold out.