Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS: Never again - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS: Never again

2»

Comments

• You are likely copying the line break character. Paste the password on a text editor and see.

• @serverian said:
    You are likely copying the line break character. Paste the password on a text editor and see.

That would be relieving. Just checked and that is not the case.

• Another customer with similar issues. These images were just linked on IRC.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited August 2014

jvnadr said: @zach You joined this community only today, just to bash a provider that didn't deliver you a vps in less than a day?

Considering that around 95% of the providers around here email VPS auth details automatically once payment is realized, I certainly would't think "bashing" the provider is a sin. It's not as if he ordered a dedicated server. And when you keep advertising all the time that you're a top provider, like CVPS does, one certainly expects an automatic provisioning of VPS service. IMO, failure to rectify such a serious issue (non provisioning) does justify a critical review.

[jvnadr said]: All your activity is one visit, one post and two answers to readers? It is sad when someone joins LET or WHT just to make a revenge to a provider that couldn't meet his expectations. And it's fishy, at least IMHO.

If the ticket is genuine, what does it matter whether he's a new member or an old timer? There's nothing fishy about it, unless you're insinuating that he cooked up the ticket images.

So, where did you find the offers from CVPS? Did you search for them? Did you see all the reviews in LET, WHT or VPSB? How did you find LET? Before or after you ordered from CVPS?

What does it have to do with anything he mentioned?

A provider didn't deliver a vps instantly. You initially send them 3 on-a-row- support threads.

He didnt. He updated a single thread with more information. Is it against the Code of provider ethics or something to do that?

You threaten him with a chargeback in less than 24 hours from your initial order, without even open a ticket to billing dpt. to ask for a refund! THEN, you answer to his original question, saying that your vps were never accessible.

He did. Sometimes "threatening" to nullify the contract due to failure to provide goods is the only way to get the provider to solve a problem. There's a big line between threatening a chargeback, and actually going through with the thing. Who cares whether his justified angst hurt the feelings of the support personnel?

If you pay peanuts for gigs of memory and disk, you cannot wait the company has the ultimate support.

Since three quarters of providers around here offer services which cost "peanuts", and still provide excellent service (Eg: Iniz, Ramnode, Crissic, BandwagonHost, Cloudshards to mention a few I'm currently with), justified support is expected. He wasn't asking them to install a panel or some stupid n00b question.

His service wasnt provisioned as it should've been, and if that doesnt justify a timely support response, I don't know what does.

Thanked by 1zach_
  • You buy shit and you get shit, stop complaining :)

Thanked by 2MrZodiac orak
  • someone still has to put it on your plate :P

Thanked by 1zach_
  • @linuxthefish said:
    You buy shit and you get shit, stop complaining :)

Sorry, didn't mean to complain. When did it become acceptable to not deliver paid-for products?

Thanked by 2k0nsl orak
  • Can't say I'm terribly surprised. I've had an even worse experience with them recently. My VPS has been down since Aug 5th and apparently they somehow nuked my data in the process.

Thanked by 1orak