Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just noticed this at GVH in their FAQ - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I just noticed this at GVH in their FAQ

Comments

• @Toadyus There's a difference between being on a budget and getting budget premium vs willing to spend whatever it takes and looking for the highest quality possible.

We're not for everybody. I'm the kind of guy that looks for the best of everything whenever possible. You don't see me at Walmart getting meat there, I'll go to a specialty Butcher shop. You don't see me at a supermarket getting their store brand, I'll go to whatever top of the like brand where can get it more fresh.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

What is the IP that is being traced? I'll fix that rdns entry. @gvh_jon

• @jbiloh I have absolutely no idea but can you please check the blocks assigned to us on our ssdla1 node?

That's the only one of our nodes in LA that has been experiencing packet loss and that was our fault that we fixed today.

• GVH_Jon said: We're not for everybody.

Could you elaborate who your target client is and clarify what they are to expect?

Your hosting offers are rather appealing, but from what I read here on LET, your company is not delivering. While this may or may not be true, I think it's fair if you just tell your customers what to really expect in terms of quality, support, uptime etc...

For the record, there is nothing wrong with using ColoCrossing... I like them, @CVPS_Chris likes them, and I am sure many others do. I'm not trying to judge you, and even if I were, I would definitely NOT do that based on which datacenter you have your servers at.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@mun what IP were you tracing?

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

@DalekOfSkaro - We're focused on providing our clients with "more bang for their buck". We're essentially a budget company. I wouldn't say that our quality is as good as I'd like but we're doing all that we can. But some of our services I actually like and would use for important production myself, like our SSD plans (those work great, actually) .. and plans in Los Angeles where we have a lot of nodes, and the idea of Dual E5-2620v2, 256GB RAM, 12x 3TB nodes that we're playing with.

As for support, you aren't going to get shitty outsourced support here .. all of our tech staff are American based and in-house.

• @GVH_Jon Thank you for your honesty. I am not sure how long you've been in the business, but here's what I know. When you start a business, and you try to offer a budget product, unless you have a large capital and a few investors (like DigitalOcean), you will be compromising on quality for the first 1~3 years... It usually gives your company a bad name, sadly, with all the social media bullying out there.

I don't know you, and I've never used your company. But the fact that you admitted to not being as proud of some of your product as you wish you would be is something huge in my books.

I hope you work things out and end up offering a service which quality makes you proud, at a price that fits every budget.

• What did it say? I have just visited the link but it seems to be removed. :v

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

I don't care about the "social media bullying", I will tell it like it is and give my best effort. That's enough to get us a continuous flow of customers. We're a budget company. The quality of some of our services are not what I'd like, but I think that we do a decent job of giving people "the value of what they pay for" and a little more when possible. The services that I am particularly proud of are our services in Los Angeles and Chicago (especially our SSD hosting)

Many factors contribute to the quality of service that we're able to provide in certain locations. Los Angeles, we have a lot of free space there. A lot of capacity to fill, including bandwidth there. Chicago, ColoCrossing has a FANTASTIC network there partly due to the good mix of Server Central. Buffalo, we're strapped on availability there. We just put in an order for another node which is coming.

But again we're working on something "huge", we want to shake up the hardware-based virtualization part of the VPS industry with new KVM plans which will feature some really great specs.

And it's not like we're just going to do all the stuff everyone else is, we're going to do more. We're going to INNOVATE. We're having a custom VPS panel in development, and for loyal clients, they'll be given unlimited licenses for FREE .. there's just so much I'd like to say.

Sure I may not be completely satisfied with some of our products but it's not to say I'm not having them worked on. I am however satisfied that this company is moving in a positive direction.

To be completely honest with you, at one point in time when we still had nodes with QuadraNet, we were over $1000 in debt to QuadraNet and nearly $2000 in debt to ColoCrossing at the same time. All of that debt -- It's gone. We're moving in a positive direction now. And I'm proud to head this company into a better future.

• @GVH_Jon Good for you for being out of debt, for telling it as it is, and for working on improvements. I genuinely wish you the best of luck with your plans.

• serverianserverian Member
    edited August 2014

GVH_Jon said: we were over $1000 in debt to QuadraNet and nearly $2000 in debt to ColoCrossing at the same time.

I'm not sure if that counts as huge on your book but didn't you say you didn't have any debt at all against the rumours on previous page? http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/695087/#Comment_695087

Or you just paid them and took screenshot and claimed those romours were false?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @serverian - We're debt free right now but the debt I mentioned in my last post was before.

• @GVH_Jon said:
    serverian - We're debt free right now but the debt I mentioned in my last post was before.

So the rumours were true at that point even though you declined them by taking screenshots just after you paid them? :)

• GVH_Jon said: And it's not like we're just going to do all the stuff everyone else is, we're going to do more. We're going to INNOVATE. We're having a custom VPS panel in development, and for loyal clients, they'll be given unlimited licenses for FREE .. there's just so much I'd like to say.

Really...?

• I don't believe I denied the "rumors" when they were actually true.

• @eddynetweb said:
    Really...?

Yes really.

• @GVH_Jon said:
    Yes really.

• @jbiloh can you confirm debt free claim to cc?

• @GVH_Jon said:
    I don't believe I denied the "rumors" when they were actually true.

You just denied them on the previous page? LOL. Ah well, enough with the semantics then.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • We're having a custom VPS panel in development, and for loyal clients, they'll be given unlimited licenses for FREE .. there's just so much I'd like to say.

@GVH_Jon, why not begin with something simpler, like getting your community forum unsuspended and fix any broken links on your website.

• He's to busy these days trying to dupe Peter to pay Paul.

Hopefully one day the money will run dry... One day!!

• MunMun Member

So what was the cause for your massive outage as of yesterday @GVH_JON?

• Mun said: So what was the cause for your massive outage as of yesterday @GVH_JON?

• @Mun said:
    So what was the cause for your massive outage as of yesterday GVH_JON?

Probably sabotaged by his ex-indian staff or his cat ate the ether-nets.

• MunMun Member

@DalekOfSkaro

I just want to make it clear I am not saying any shit about CC in my post, I know the issues is linked directly to the operator or the box.

• We're not using our community forums anymore.

• MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon said:
    We're not using our community forums anymore.

Jon, you didn't answer my question. You aren't being accountable to what happened. How are you expecting to improve your service if you just brush issues under the rug.

• A customer was sending massive outbound DoS attacks spontaneously and it took a while for us to track him down.

• noosVPSnoosVPS Member
    edited August 2014

@GVH_Jon said: We're not using our community forums anymore.

For the sake of avoiding confusion, you could get that community url unsuspended, or remove the subdomain altogether and maybe just also update that announcement you made on Apr 28,2014: https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/announcements.php?id=20

Too bad it died so early.

• not to bash gvh but it runs by kids, so guys if you want cheap/low quality vps then go for gvh and be it, if you want something better/stable/good support/good uptime gvh is not for you.

Thanked by 2netomx GIANT_CRAB