Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time tracking consultant work, bill by the hour software
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Time tracking consultant work, bill by the hour software

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Last week I had a conversation with a friend on Skype who brought back the interest (actually I've been almost obsessed with the thought) in starting my own business. Something I have been thinking about on and off the las years (mostly off).

If I would work as my own I would need something to track my hours with and be able to invoice the clients and then I found this: http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/time_tracking_center/features

I have experience with WHMCS and this module looks like it has what I would need. Has anyone tried it and have any comments at all about it?

Comments

• For the price they are asking I would go with PanCake App .

I havent used the module from Modules Garden.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the tip @thekreek
    Have you used Pancake App? Anything that you are missing in it or care to give examples on how you use it?

• jhjh Member

I use Xero (which does billing+accounting) plus a tiny desktop app (about $5 once off) for time tracking. Works a treat.

• Freshbooks is my favourite solution that I've used so far. Great for invoicing - lets you tie in Paypal, Stripe, etc seamlessly. They also have a time tracking component. The free plan covers 3 clients, so that would probably work well starting out.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have used Xero, it is not what you want @MikHo great for billing and accounting but near useless for time tracking, project tracking and task scheduling etc.

I have looked at pancake myself in the past it is actually OK, not got to deep in to it though.

• As mentioned already, seen quite a few freelancers/businesses use Freshbooks for what you require.

• Didn't used it much, as it was a license paid by a person I used to work with, the app was fine, the only limitation I found it was the lack of plugins for whm/cpanel. Someclients paid for hosting and we needed to do manual jobs were they could be automated on WHCMS or Blesta.
    Speaking of Blesta, if my memory it's not wrong, I think they used to have a module for time tracking and billing, not sure if its still developed.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@thekreek said:
    Didn't used it much, as it was a license paid by a person I used to work with, the app was fine, the only limitation I found it was the lack of plugins for whm/cpanel. Someclients paid for hosting and we needed to do manual jobs were they could be automated on WHCMS or Blesta.
    Speaking of Blesta, if my memory it's not wrong, I think they used to have a module for time tracking and billing, not sure if its still developed.

Did a look over at the blesta forum and found one time tracking module but it was connected to some git repository and measuring the time between commits.
    Not a developer so thats not for me. :(