Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

empty iptables on solusvm ovz slave
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

empty iptables on solusvm ovz slave

TazTaz Member
edited June 2012 in General

I am not sure if this is how it should be.
I have installed atleast 35 ovz node( centos 5/6) and this is the first time I have went with the simple solusvm+ovz installation route. But after reboot looks like iptables rule set is empty. How ever iptable is running and not disabled.
is this the way it suppose to work?( solus slave, centos 6-64bit.)

Comments

• TazTaz Member

Any idea/suggestion?

• TazTaz Member

:(

• Really iptables causes more issues and the individual hosts can run it themselves. I think there's a page in the openvz wiki that talks about iptables.

That's my beef right now with SolusVM is that they're taking our money and not really stablizing the product and instead are adding half baked features.

I'm giving virtualizor a look, as Softaculous has a history of maintaining their paid software and they at the moment do appear to be adding polished features plus their WHMCS module is open source :)

• TazTaz Member

Well my average ovz node installation never failed me. I was on a bit rush this week.( For a white label client I deal with needed 5 node deployed within 24 hour) so I took the solusvm shortcut. But TBH, I will stick with solus simply cause of their ease of management feature.

• subigosubigo Member

SolusVM runs it's own iptables script in the background. The rules are loaded.

• TazTaz Member

@subigo ya just noticed :P never saw that before ( or might have been ignorant) .
    @FRCorey Virtualizor would cost more than solus ($10/node no slave)+ management headache. I would stick with my man subigos boxctrl till I change it enough to replace solusvm. How ever, till now for multiserver management, I will stick with solus. Hopefully they will add a nice GUI firewall soon.