Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

solusvm cpu settings?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

solusvm cpu settings?

Can anyone explain simply the model and match settings under the CPU Settings tab in solusvm?

Comments

• I believe that in this page you will be able to find the droids you're looking for.

• Thank you, I have already seen that and tried to read. I was just looking for a more simplistic answer on how changing the two parameters will change the behavior of the kvm vps.

• @conlustro said:
    Thank you, I have already seen that and tried to read. I was just looking for a more simplistic answer on how changing the two parameters will change the behavior of the kvm vps.

This is how many of the host CPU features are shown to the guest. If you do "Strict match" , this will give the best performance to the guest; but at the price of portability. You will not be able to move that VM to another host with a worse CPU without having some compatibility issues from missing features.

• Great explanation thanks. What would the minimum produce for the guest?