Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Geolocated Cloud Instances
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Geolocated Cloud Instances

Hello LowEndTalk,

We're currently looking for servers actually located in the following locations, for the sake of geolocation and content distribution / delivery; especially after the recent (repeated) failures of cPanel and related services on a single machine.

Canada:

• Vancouver, BC

United States:

• Orlando, Florida
  • Los Angeles, California
  • Houston, Texas
  • Phoenix, Arizona

More Exotic Locations:

• Russia (Moscow Preferred)
  • London (Metro area Preferred)
  • Spain
  • Germany (not Munich)
  • Kharkiv, Ukraine (or near)
  • Copenhagen Area (Denmark)
  • Japan

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that any of the main providers service most of these locations, so it seems we'll be better off getting a few servers from each company, unless someone here is aware of a related service that would allow such a thing to be possible without this many servers (ie: a hosted CDN solution.)

Either way, the resources requested and budget are as follows:

RAM: 512MB Guaranteed (KVM, OVZ, XEN, whatever)
HDD: 10 GB Required (HDD is fine)
Port: 100Mbps (exotic), 1Gbps Preferred
B/W: 300GB required per location (exotic can be less)

$12 / month (per location)

We'll be paying yearly for known providers.

We already have Quebec, Dallas, Seattle, New York, Scranton, and Chicago . More location suggestions and offers are gladly accepted.

Comments

• Hosting.ua
    Infiumhost.com
    Itldc.com
    Ginerhost
    Vultr (jp)
    Ip-projects.de filemedia.de netcup hetzner

• lewissuelewissue Member
    edited August 2014

If This can help you decrease the downtime

then

host1plus for deutschland

linode for japan

weloveservers for los angeles

edis for russia

ginernet for Spain

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • Copenhagen Area (Denmark)? LOL :)

• @fitvpn said:
    Copenhagen Area (Denmark)? LOL :)

I ask since most of the prices I can find in this location are extortionately high:

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/copenhagen-denmark

• @GoodHosting This provider is very questionable.. Original Danish based providers most expensive in Europe, and BW too low..

• exoticvps.com

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2014

Not to undermine your goal, which I assume is to give business to some other hosts here, but if you truly care about your uptime and customers, why would you not use an CDN service like Internap, Highwinds, OnApp CDN, Amazon, Cloudflare, etc? You know, a service which you know you can rely on to provide CDN services at around $0.10/gb with many global pops already in place? In most cases, instead of having to invest in any type of infrastructure, you can simply add a module/plugin to your site to accommodate the CDN in about 5 minutes and leave your site hosted on the same server its currently on or a single larger server in a more reliable place instead of purchasing servers all over the place which you will have to maintain and support your self (as I understand you are a 1 man show)? Especially in cases where you can not be available to help resolve any issues, working with a CDN company would simplify this for you greatly. Any tech available could just simply submit a ticket on your behalf it there are any issue.. and likely get them resolved without you needing to be available to troubleshoot the issue(s).

Anyhow, just trying to submit some logic to this thread, as it seems silly to spend a ton of money yearly on something you can roll out in less than an hour and costs you as little as $0.10 per GB.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Not to undermine your goal, which I assume is to give business to some other hosts here, but if you truly care about your uptime and customers, why would you not use an CDN service like Internap, Highwinds, OnApp CDN, Amazon, Cloudflare, etc? You know, a service which you know you can rely on to provide CDN services at around $0.10/gb with many global pops already in place? In most cases, instead of having to invest in any type of infrastructure, you can simply add a module/plugin to your site to accommodate the CDN in about 5 minutes and leave your site hosted on the same server its currently on or a single larger server in a more reliable place instead of purchasing servers all over the place which you will have to maintain and support your self (as I understand you are a 1 man show)? Especially in cases where you can not be available to help resolve any issues, working with a CDN company would simplify this for you greatly. Any tech available could just simply submit a ticket on your behalf it there are any issue.. and likely get them resolved without you needing to be available to troubleshoot the issue(s).

Anyhow, just trying to submit some logic to this thread, as it seems silly to spend a ton of money yearly on something you can roll out in less than an hour and costs you as little as $0.10 per GB.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

We would be paying well over $1,000 per month just for our main website if we were paying per GB of bandwidth; luckily such a thing doesn't have to be the case. We'd also like to have more than one primary location (MySQL Multi Master, Unison, rSync, rnDNS, etcetera) is the current plan, thus any location can still go down and our sites would be unaffected.

As per your list, I would never support OnApp, nor Internap (very bad experiences with both); and Cloudflare hardly solves the issue of multiple redundant locations being required. The specific locations listed above are just where we are seeing a lot of traffic in specific.

• noosVPSnoosVPS Member
    edited August 2014

GoodHosting said: We would be paying well over $1,000 per month just for our main website if we were paying per GB of bandwidth

That is way too much for one website! Good for you that you are not paying per GB.

Still, AWS is something you should give a serious try for the DNS woes.