Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodHosting is down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodHosting is down

2»

Comments

• I opened today vps, has not yet been created.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

@metalx said:
    I opened today vps, has not yet been created.

Read the ToS, I wish you the best of luck.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If a cPanel server is acting up with 4 GB of ram then something is really wrong with that server. or is that the JingLing server aswell ? :)

• noosVPSnoosVPS Member
    edited August 2014

MikHo said: If a cPanel server is acting up with 4 GB of ram then something is really wrong with that server. or is that the JingLing server aswell ? :)

Not sure about JingLing, but he recently admitted that bandwidth charges of his main website itself could cost him $1000+ /mo if he had to pay per GB. Maybe such huge amount of traffic is responsible for his cpanel and exim going crazy and oom-ing frequently.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

MCHPhil said: Hell I'm using a phenom 840 with 4GB RAM in KC to host over XXX sites. Via cPanel. No issues at all. MySQL is also not offloaded.

Hell, I've hosted a large number of sites on a 2GB VPS from KnownHost - no offloaded SQL either.

noosVPS said: Not sure about JingLing, but he recently admitted that bandwidth charges of his main website itself could cost him $1000+ /mo if he had to pay per GB. Maybe such huge amount of traffic is responsible for his cpanel and exim going crazy and oom-ing frequently.

What?

You mean goodhosting.co has so much traffic it'd be $1000 per month? Even if he was hosting on Amazon and paying 10 cents a GB that'd be 10TB of traffic. There's no way that many people are looking at goodhosting.co. I must be misunderstanding what's meant here...

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • raindog308 said: You mean goodhosting.co has so much traffic it'd be $1000 per month? Even if he was hosting on Amazon and paying 10 cents a GB that'd be 10TB of traffic.

Worth reading:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/692291/#Comment_692291

• Maybe if he factors in DDoS attacks as traffic usage as well then it would be true. I highly doubt that every unique visitor counts towards $1k of bandwidth per month.