Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxmox do you like it? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxmox do you like it?

2»

Comments

• Works great on a cPanel OVZ install and use KVM to install Windows for a RDP

OVZ and KVM running on the same hardware!

• Works great for my home server, but I dunno if I would use it in production. It seems stable enough but the UI is a bit clunky in places.

• wychwych Member

@Zen said:
    develop your own!

That is always an option ;)

• @joshin said:
    There's a new integrated firewall in the pvetest repository that will address this perfectly.

We love it and use it in production. We replaced a vSphere cluster with it and have had no significant problems.

Do you have billing software integrated with that too? What you using if so?

• I love it for personal use. It's free and does kvm ovz

• I found OpenVZ-Web-Panel to be better.

Some of the things (or haven't found) I miss in Proxmox:

• ability to do reinstalls quickly (instead need to remove CT and create a new one).
    • automatically schedule backups.
  • We evaluated Proxmox recently. It is an excellent platform, but as others have stated while it has its uses, it does not seem well suited these days to the (vps) reselling market.

• I don't since we don't sell VPS's.

@ginner159 said:
    Do you have billing software integrated with that too? What you using if so?