Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr and do you recommend ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr and do you recommend ?

2»

Comments

• They removed the SMTP block within 10mins after receiving my ticket.

• MrZodiacMrZodiac Member
    edited August 2014

I submitted a ticket and asked for port 25 to be unblocked. They required me to fill out a credit card authorization form which I have still yet to do. I'm not sure if I feel comfort enough to do.

• Thanks @Amitz

• @0xdragon said:
    Yeah it has gotten a lot better, I remember constantly being kicked off SSH...

Oh , so it is better now? You made it sound like you were still being disconnected for 40 minutes at a time. It's very hard to please everyone without the full story.

• @DaveA said:
    Thanks Amitz

For what exactly? I was just honest... And if the question is: Would you recommend vultr, then my answer is a clear "Yes" from my experience so far. Keep up the good work and give some more happy pills to your support guys! :-)

• @DaveA said:

Yes, it slows down for 40 minute at a time periods, but it no longer kicks me off SSH, for some reason connections to certain websites work but others just don't work. Maybe a peering issue?

• @0xdragon - We will continue to investigate australia connectivity, unfortunately it's not like the US or any other free market for that matter. Our options are limited and we try to pick the best options and route accordingly.

• @DaveA said:
    0xdragon - We will continue to investigate australia connectivity, unfortunately it's not like the US or any other free market for that matter. Our options are limited and we try to pick the best options and route accordingly.

I absolutely understand :) you can imagine it's a little frustrating for someone who has multiple machines spun up in that region :)

• @Amitz said:
    For what exactly? I was just honest... And if the question is: Would you recommend vultr, then my answer is a clear "Yes" from my experience so far. Keep up the good work and give some more happy pills to your support guys! :-)

For the support. Also realize this product is growing. We will train all our SA and SE personnel to handle Vultr as we grow. The vultr in March is much different than we are now, and it will be unrecognizable in January '15 to what it is today. We are also launching 2 more locations in the next few days.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • That is right, it is getting better month by month!

• @DaveA great news on the new locations. Any updates on when you'll be offering storage plans in more locations?

• said: I have heard about Vultr a lot. Any recommendation or feedback about their service ?

I'm not recommended them for production server :( still prefer standart (non cloud) vps, where you got more core and uptime.

my $15/year vps from Crissic beat their $5/m plan.

• DigitalOcean <3

• Thank You guys for voting and commenting... my decision is - i will wait a little bit more ...