Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Block China from a VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Block China from a VPS

2»

Comments

• @Blanoz said:
    Blocking by IP is the poor's man axe and it WILL attract more flies to your dump.

They can use a proxy.
    You can move the ssh port or even better, use port knocking.

There are alot of gentleman-like solutions. Don't ban countries for your incompetence. Nope, I'm not from China.

Surely you have some sources to back these allegations? After blocking China, the bruteforce alerts have drastically dropped on servers I manage.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2014

@Raymii My mistake for trying to help you, I won't do it again... As of CSF, you can block geo-ip, that means a whole country from access to your server. I am using csf+lfd and I am blocking China, Pakistan, India, Iran and some other countries that I would never had any visitors from them (I'm from Greece and my content is for Greek people.

As on how to do it, follow this link linuxbrigade.com/block-countries-from-your-server-easily-with-csf/

You can do it with iptables, but using csf is much more easy and more configurable.

P.S. Sorry again for trying to be helpful to you, it's the last time I do it...