Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

am under attack! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

am under attack!

2»

Comments

• @DanielM said: Not necessary. i doubt he will try it again. after my response :)

• CoreyCorey Member

@DanielM what is your response?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Corey said: being as techy as you are I figured you would have a router running DDWRT.

DDWRT is no longer attractive now that they've started putting features into the pay-only, software activation edition.

I've been using tomato-usb for a year or so and it's great.

• DeorDeor Member

Yes I noticed that too, I'll stick with OpenWRT myself.

• @Corey said: @DanielM what is your response?

I sent him a TCP message :)

• I wouldn't hack back as that would be illegal..just contact his ISP giving them proof of everything.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

So, Tomato or OpwnWRT, what would you suggest?

• DeorDeor Member

@netomx said: So, Tomato or OpwnWRT, what would you suggest?

Depends which supports your router really. I mess about with some of the cheap TP-Link stuff which are well supported by openwrt.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2012

OpenWRT, much more "open"...
    If OpenWRT works, chances are Tomato does too, maybe (in case is not listed) your router is a clone of a listed one. not too easy to figure out with all those producers and revisions which board is which.
    M

@Deor said: TP-Link

I love to buy those TPLink ones, sooo cheap. I will try OpenWRt tonight. Does it have GUI and good features, as DDWRT?

@Maounique said: OpenWRT, much more "open"

thx

@Maounique said: I share some views there.

will read, thx.

• DeorDeor Member

@netomx said: I love to buy those TPLink ones, sooo cheap. I will try OpenWRt tonight. Does it have GUI and good features, as DDWRT?

The 703 is the one i've played with most, did a mod on it to add an internal USB hub and flash drive: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=34188

Out of the box openwrt is pretty basic, but there are plenty of packages to install, hence adding the flash drive and setting up extroot. Plenty of good documentation over on openwrt.org too.

@Deor said: Out of the box openwrt is pretty basic, but there are plenty of packages to install

Yes, for us OpenWRT can do everything and if it doesnt, we can make it do, while DD-WRT is more consumer oriented, out-of-the box stuff.
    M

• DeorDeor Member

Is that your blog M? If so we seem to have almost the same list of mmo's and i agree with your views on SWTOR, just glad i played the beta before i spent any money on it.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Jeffrey said: hack back as that would be illegal

Not just that, if he was hacking, that'd be stooping down to his level.

Thanked by 2nabo gsrdgrdghd

@Deor said: The 703 is the one i've played with most

I play with the WR740N

• @DanielM said: Doesnt seem to be installed :(

Install it...

• @PytoHost said: Install it...

It needs to be specific and customized to install on the MBWE.

@Deor said: Is that your blog M? If so we seem to have almost the same list of mmo's and i agree with your views on SWTOR, just glad i played the beta before i spent any money on it.

No, I only played lineage 2 and tested a bit of wow, my time as developer/admin/GM etc, for games was in the late nineties till about 2010, but was much lower towards the end and in the start was mostly in browser games.
    The gaming community is just too young for me atm.
    M