Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The arguments between parties.. (UGNazi)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The arguments between parties.. (UGNazi)

eastoncheastonch Member
edited June 2012 in General

Anybody who's a follower of the latest anon stuff, and the UGNazi guys who did the infamous WHMCS hack, might be aware that there's been some unconfirmed personal d0x's of their organisation's members. I won't post links here, but their twitter has it all over, UG even retweeted it.

Don't know if anybody cares, but it seems like they run their organisation, be it illegal or whatever, pretty shit. I can forsee conflicts internally, and nothing externally. Another reason, never to trust even your closest online buddies, with anything personal about you, even more so, when the people you associate with, are illegal do'er'z.

http://www.twitter.com/ug

Any thoughts or comments?

Please leave out "anon skiddie" comments? :]

Thanked by 1NateN34

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Someone pumping his fist in the air and shouting that ugnazi is not anon and vice versa as if it matters in 3...2...1...

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Well, UGNazi is not anon, they are just some unhappy people...

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

I think both groups consist of confused young people and they need to spend their time and energy on more constructive and positive things. Because "hacking" , flooding sites, etc..

1)doesn't make them powerful
    2)doesn't make them "cool"
    3)won't invoke any change(at least not in the sense they think)
    4)they're not clever(and no the gov won't offer you a job when you get caught, as computer nerds are dime a dozen)
    5)it won't make them famous(who remembers the names of any of them that's been arrested?)
    6)v for vendetta was just a movie and no you won't spark any revolution, see number 3
    7)they have to live with whatever they do for the rest of their lives
    8)they won't gain any real friends by doing it(as other members don't care about them and will rat on them in a heart beat)
    9)the only end result is prison and the minimum cyber crime laws tend to be at least 10 years... And that's a terrifying thing and prison is a terrifying place for anyone, especially a computer nerd.

So the best thing members of these groups can do right now is leave and focus on things that help others and themselves in positive manners. Because i'm sick of reading about these people, they think it's a game until they get caught, then suddenly it's not funny anymore...and a young persons life is ruined...the harsh reality sets in and it's just really really sad to read about. And court rooms have no mercy, esp in this day and age.

• KairusKairus Member

Now I don't support hacking, but it is what it is. There are many cases where it does GOOD things like expose corruption, let's not forget that.

• @Kairus said: Now I don't support hacking, but it is what it is. There are many cases where it does GOOD things like expose corruption, let's not forget that.

All it does is piss off those in power so that they can make and justify new non-sense laws to punish EVERYONE. Anonymous and a like do 0 good, and they're delusional if they think otherwise.

• klikliklikli Member

People who are unhappy got too much time and formed UGNazi. Seriously, if people really 'hack' WHMCS, why don't they simply steal the database off and enjoy the rest of life?

• Yea, with all the CCs of large(r) companies in the DB they could have had a nice life without anyone seeing the charges for years....

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2012

@taipres said: All it does is piss off those in power so that they can make and justify new non-sense laws to punish EVERYONE. Anonymous and a like do 0 good, and they're delusional if they think otherwise.

Yay, the usual fallacy. Let's see, why were these things exposed to begin with? Oh yeah, that was because said governments were already on a course to a 'police state'. Take a look at the developments worldwide and you'll see that legislation is constantly getting tighter everywhere, regardless of what people do or do not do.

You have two options:
    1. Helplessly sit in a corner in fear, hoping that 'the big bad government' will stop taking away your freedom.
    2. Do something against it, stand up for your rights, and get accused by certain people on the internet that you are "only making it worse".

It shouldn't be too hard to see which option is least desirable, and who is the unreasonable person in the whole scenario. At the very most, things like Anonymous make the inevitable come (and go!) faster - they do not actually introduce legislation that would otherwise not have existed.

(Don't believe me? Try looking up the original drafting and proposal dates of the legislation that is often attributed to 'Anonymous', and you'll see that most of it - if not all of it - was drafted before Anonymous was even ideologically active.)

@taipres said: I think both groups consist of confused young people and they need to spend their time and energy on more constructive and positive things. Because "hacking" , flooding sites, etc..

I think you should stop making claims about things (protip: not groups) that you do not understand, such as Anonymous.

@taipres said: So the best thing members of these groups can do right now is leave and focus on things that help others and themselves in positive manners.

"Members"? Please go do your research.

EDIT: I completely forgot to address the UGNazi part, oops. UGNazi does not appear to consider themselves Anonymous, as such you could reason that they aren't Anonymous. Additionally, in my opinion, they are complete idiots that only do it for the attention. Considering UGNazi is a group (whereas Anonymous isn't), that would be a pretty safe statement to make. Additionally, internal conflict is bound to happen.

• @joepie91 said: Oh yeah, that was because said governments were already on a course to a 'police state'. Take a look at the developments worldwide and you'll see that legislation is constantly getting tighter everywhere, regardless of what people do or do not do.

Thats been like that for years. Nont since anon's inception.

I meen for example in Middleborough now if you swear you get a $20 fine. What happened to the american constitution lol

• it would seem like there affiliated to CIA. rather that or they played into a trap.

You seen the laws the US is trying to push? Wasnt the main guy a plant?

@DanielM said: Thats been like that for years. Nont since anon's inception.

I meen for example in Middleborough now if you swear you get a $20 fine. What happened to the american constitution lol

That is exactly my point.

@liam said: I think your opinion is biased, seen as you work / are senior figure for anonymous?

Uhm? Do you really think I would be involved in Anon if I did not have a good reason for it?
    (Additionally, there is no such thing as a 'senior figure' and one does not 'work for' Anon.)

@liam said: Unfortunately anonymous hasn't really done anything good

Let's see... Crowdleaks, Chanology (which is still going), AnonLeaks, Par-AnoiA, Tunisian anti-phishing tool, ....

@liam said: and what little good they've done has been over shadowed by immature things (DDoSing, Defacing etc).

That I can agree with, but does that discount what good things have been done? For something that is structured like Anonymous, the answer is no.

@liam said: We've seen how you can change things courtesy of the arab world, unfortunately western countries aren't at that stage yet but it will come.

Yes, and guess where the original coverage of Tunisia originated from. Oh yeah.

@liam said: I advise you to go to university or college, if your not already, as you seem gifted

Uhm, no. I don't see how that is in any way constructive - curriculum-based educational systems are horribly outdated and inefficient.

@liam said: but this anonymous thing is leading you down a wrong path

I'm sorry? What wrong path exactly? What things have I done that I would not morally agree with? In what way would it even be 'leading' me? I don't think you have even the faintest idea of what Anonymous actually is, or what it entails.

@liam said: You nearly got arrested last year,

Uhm, no. A bunch of media outlets saying I am 'the leader of LulzSec', based on a completely non-credible claim from someone leaking a bunch of logs from a channel that was not even a LulzSec channel does not constitute 'almost arrested'. There is no reason for me to get arrested, because I actually think about what I do and know where the limits are. It may be a wise idea to ask me about the situation, rather than assuming what media says is correct, considering I'm the person that actually was in that situation.

@liam said: I'm surprised that you didn't take the opportunity to quit then.

Quit what exactly?

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited June 2012

@joepie91 said: It may be a wise idea to ask me about the situation, rather than assuming what media says is correct, considering I'm the person that actually was in that situation.

It might be very offtopic, but I'm getting curious about this story. Might give a different view on you for the community here?

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2012

@joepie91 said: Chanology (which is still going)

Which was completly created by 4chan (/b/)

@joepie91 said: Crowdleaks

Could you further explain what that is? All i see is a website which seems to be inactive since 6 months and kinda sounds like liveleak.com

@joepie91 said: Tunisian anti-phishing tool,

Thats some small Greasemonkey script which has been installed just 4000 times

@joepie91 said: Par-AnoiA

=Information on who of them is being convicted for commiting crimes. Not exactly something "good"

@joepie91 said: AnonLeaks

Wasn't that mostly the HBGary leak? I admit that was something rather good but you have to keep in mind why Anon did it (they were butthurt because HBGary claimed to have information about them)

Imho there are much better ways to help "protecting the internet" i.e. pariticipating in pirate parties, some other activist organizations (which operate in a legal area) etc

• @liam said: I think you’re an intelligent young man, could you use your abilities and intelligence to achieve what your trying to do with anonymous differently?

Let me give Telecomix and Cryptoanarchy as examples here. I'm sure there are also many similar projects around

edited June 2012

@djvdorp said: It might be very offtopic, but I'm getting curious about this story. Might give a different view on you for the community here?

Sure. The short version of the story is that I was in a 'private' channel that basically consisted of a bunch of friends. There was some overlap with the LulzSec 'memberbase' (which is not surprising, given that LulzSec basically originated from a group of friends as well). One of these friends decided to snitch out for whatever reason and cause a fuss in the process, and released a log of #pure-elite (the private channel), claiming it was 'the LulzSec channel' while it really wasn't. A certain person (persons?) known as nonyNews then proceeded to run an IRC analysis tool over the #pure-elite logs, after which media copypasted the relational graph, conveniently forgetting to mention that it was an auto-generated graph based on who highlighted who and who talked most, and not a manual analysis of the structure of LulzSec. As a result, the myth that I would be a 'prominent figure' or even the 'leader' of LulzSec, was born. The result of that myth was that I got harrassed by a fair amount of people over what was basically some misinformation, and branded by certain less-than-reputable media outlets as 'an active participant', which was in turn copypasted by a load of other media outlets.

Nowhere in the process was I actually involved to any real capacity with LulzSec (other than giving out some advice about random subjects I happen to know about, as I do for many people - anyone that knows me well will be able to confirm this), nor did I actually do anything anywhere that would get me arrested. The reason I have no real need to hide, is because I know where the limits are.

That, of course, doesn't stop trolls from claiming I have been arrested (or worse), in an attempt to spread fear and chaos everywhere, which has been done to about everyone by now (I'm not the first nor the last person about which 'arrested' rumours have been spread).

@gsrdgrdghd said: Which was completly created by 4chan (/b/)

Your point being? FYI, Anonymous doesn't just consist of AnonOps.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Could you further explain what that is? All i see is a website which seems to be inactive since 6 months and kinda sounds like liveleak.com

CrowdLeaks, originally known as Operation Leakspin, was a group of people that spit through WikiLeaks cables to fish out actual notable stories, and rewrite them into sourced blog articles and even videos. Sadly, as the operation was overshadowed by DDoS kids, said operation died out over time.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Thats some small Greasemonkey script which has been installed just 4000 times

And most likely saved quite some Tunisians from spying and the resulting prosecution. There is actually a fair amount of articles on several Tunisian activists being arrested for their online browsing, prior to the release of this script. I'm not sure why you're attempting to measure impact of something by the amount of downloads.

@gsrdgrdghd said: =Information on who of them is being convicted for commiting crimes. Not exactly something "good"

That's funny, it's almost as if you clicked one link and ignored the rest of the site, and did not pay any attention to what Par-AnoiA is, rather than just what's listed on the frontpage right now. Almost.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Wasn't that mostly the HBGary leak?

Yes, it was mostly the HBGary leak, since it was taken out fairly shortly afterwards and did not have much chance of releasing anything else.

@gsrdgrdghd said: I admit that was something rather good but you have to keep in mind why Anon did it (they were butthurt because HBGary claimed to have information about them)

I am well aware.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Imho there are much better ways to help "protecting the internet" i.e. pariticipating in pirate parties,

Yes, because political parties will totally save the world. Uhm, no.

@gsrdgrdghd said: some other activist organizations (which operate in a legal area) etc

I fail to see how legality is even relevant here?

@liam said: I'm curious how you earn a living to keep a roof over your head and have food to eat, If you're not being paid?

I seriously hope you did not genuinely expect me to be paid for what I am doing.

Anyway, I actually live off donations for non-profit projects I run. I have a life besides Anonymous, you know.

@liam said: Journalists on the ground ;-)

Look up the timestamps of the coverage on what was going on in Tunisia, and compare them to the timestamps of when OpTunisia started. Then look at what was referenced in the coverage about Tunisia. Then answer the question again.

@liam said: Sure but you meet similar people

Oh yes, I'm totally going to meet similar people if I go to a place where I do not want to be in the first place, because it does not provide anything constructive to me. Tip: 'similar people' are people that think similarly and as such have similar opinions on things like curriculum-based education. And those are not the people you find at a college or university. You just literally argued against your own point.

@liam said: get a degree etc.

And what use would I have for a degree exactly?

@liam said: Sure but the Americans could of used you as an example (Assange/Manning/bankers)

An example for what?

@liam said: or for participating.

Participating in what?

Additionally, I'm not even going to bother responding to the other points you make regarding Anonymous. I don't really feel like spending my day trying to refute bullshit point after bullshit point from someone that has not bothered to do any proper research on the topic and completely misunderstands it. Either ask questions, or do your own research and then return to the discussion - but I'm not going to participate in this discussion with you unless it turns into something constructive.

EDIT: I can see the "you just don't have an answer" response coming already. I do actually have an answer, but said answer will just be followed up on by yet another bullshit response originating from a complete misunderstanding of Anonymous. I'm not going to waste my time on that. If you really want an answer to what you are claiming, then feel free to look up my past writings across the internet, as I've answered all of it before.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Let me give Telecomix and Cryptoanarchy as examples here. I'm sure there are also many similar projects around

Interestingly, both of the examples you mentioned are / have been pretty closely involved with Anonymous.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@taipres said: All it does is piss off those in power so that they can make and justify new non-sense laws to punish EVERYONE

So, in your opinion, stay low and you wont be hit by lightning ? The test of real democracy is if ppl in power can stand being pissed off and still dont go out arresting and shooting ppl.

That being said, an organization of paranoids cant really stay together.

I dont agree with terrorism, tho, the only exception is when the state does it also. For example, In Israel it is legal to detain ppl without any charge for years or even kill them under the pretext they looked dangerous. Not to mention land grabbing, house demolishing, you name it.
    In that case I can understand the revolt that can lead to terrorism, but I still think it is not the way.
    M

• @Maounique said: So, in your opinion, stay low and you wont be hit by lightning ?

I'm saying there's ways to approach things and there's ways not to, and antagonizing the giant is a good way to get stepped on...if people want change the best coarse of action is go the political+legal route, not hide behind some computer and childishly attack computers etc...

edited June 2012

@joepie91 said: Interestingly, both of the examples you mentioned are / have been pretty closely involved with Anonymous.

Source?

Telecomix has their roots in a heterogenous activist and hacker scene. Many of the founding members had followed and participated in and around Piratbyrån and The Pirate Bay. There is membership overlap with The Julia Group and La Quadrature du Net, as well as with the hackerspace Forskningsavdelningen in Malmö

It is my understanding that they have similar goals but aren't so juvenile like Anonymous.

@joepie91 said: Yes, because political parties will totally save the world. Uhm, no.

So you are going to "save the world" and make the rules for everyone?

@joepie91 said: I fail to see how legality is even relevant here?

No comment

Btw my disrespect for Anonymous also origins from the fact that they've done virtually nothing that really requires skill. But thats really just my personal attitude.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited June 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: So you are going to "save the world" and make the rules for everyone?

No.

However, if you do nothing, you're effectively agreeing with everything and anything that goes through the political system, and once you realise what a mess some laws are, it'll be too late.

EDIT: Found a nice quote

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

~Edmund Burke

Thanked by 1djvdorp
    edited June 2012

@ElliotJ said: However, if you do nothing, you're effectively agreeing with everything and anything that goes through the political system, and once you realise what a mess some laws are, it'll be too late.

Thats why i suggested to go into politics and change things there rather than using undemocratic means.

edited June 2012

@liam said: Joepie, you have a weird mis-conception that I'm out to get at you or something (maybe it's a translation issue).

I did not have that idea at all. I've stated the issue pretty explicitly, being that you misunderstand Anonymous, and explained that as the reason I won't respond to the rest. I'm just very straight-to-the-point and can respond in a more sarcastic manner if someone for example does not do his research (but will always point out that issue as well).

@liam said: My original point was, people don't want change yet, people are complaicent (in the west). We've seen the Arab Uprising but people aren't at that stage here yet.

I did actually also originally say what good anonymous has done has been destroyed in the media by childish acts performed by a select few members (including media linking ug to anon etc).

Correct and correct.

@liam said: I never intended this to turn into a 'bitching' war and you're right I know hardly anything about anonymous as I don't have the time to research them.

If you don't know much about Anonymous, it's probably a bad idea to make certain claims, and it's an even worse idea to be judgmental about someone that chooses to involve himself in something he does understand. There are many threads on this forum that I read but never respond to, for the simple reason that I'm missing the knowledge I would need to make a constructive contribution to the conversation. If you do decide to be judgmental regardless, then don't be surprised if someone doesn't take it very well.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Source?

My own involvement.

@gsrdgrdghd said: So you are going to "save the world" and make the rules for everyone?

I can't recall claiming either of those things. The answer to both is no, by the way. Maybe it would be a good idea to ask what my idea is, rather than making an assumption.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Btw my disrespect for Anonymous also origins from the fact that they've done virtually nothing that really requires skill. But thats really just my personal attitude.

Then you must surely know how all operations in the past of Anonymous as a whole have been carried out, yes? Otherwise you wouldn't be able to state the above.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Thats why i suggested to go into politics and change things there

That is a useless idea and a waste of time if said political system is part of the problem.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Thats why i suggested to go into politics and change things there rather than using undemocratic means.

How can you fight your corner without a following though?

Take the SOPA blackout from a while back; it didn't go the traditional political route, however it brought awareness of an issue to the masses.

Although that alone didn't make SOPA fail, it surely helped.

• @joepie91 said: My own involvement.

That is not a source.

@joepie91 said: I can't recall claiming either of those things. The answer to both is no, by the way. Maybe it would be a good idea to ask what my idea is, rather than making an assumption.

So what is your idea?

@joepie91 said: Then you must surely know how all operations in the past of Anonymous as a whole have been carried out, yes? Otherwise you wouldn't be able to state the above.

Well i was building on the list of "good" operations Anonymous has done:

@joepie91 said: Let's see... Crowdleaks, Chanology (which is still going), AnonLeaks, Par-AnoiA, Tunisian anti-phishing tool, ....

Let's see: 2 PHP websites (Crowdleaks, AnonLeaks), 1 javascript (Tunisian anti-phishing tool), 1 mostly DDoS attack (Chanology) and one website (Par-AnoiA). But lets not forget about all the Habbo Hotel raids!

edited June 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: That is not a source.

Uhm, yes, it is. That something is not admitted on Wikipedia as a source for notability does not mean that it suddenly isn't a source for anything whatsoever.

@gsrdgrdghd said: So what is your idea?

Do you want the short or the long version?

@gsrdgrdghd said: Well i was building on the list of "good" operations Anonymous has done:

The ellipsis at the end indicates it is a possibly (likely) incomplete list.

Let's see: 2 PHP websites (Crowdleaks, AnonLeaks), 1 javascript (Tunisian anti-phishing tool), 1 mostly DDoS attack (Chanology) and one website (Par-AnoiA). But lets not forget about all the Habbo Hotel raids!

You seem to try very hard to avoid considering the impact, effort, and intention involved in Anon operations. Is that because that means you would have to admit that Anon does more than just DDoSing? And even in making a ridiculous list like the above, you're making mistakes.

• @ElliotJ said: Take the SOPA blackout from a while back; it didn't go the traditional political route, however it brought awareness of an issue to the masses.

True the SOPA blackout was good and helped a lot. However it was done on legitimate democractic grounds, in contrast to what Anonymous does. Don't get me wrong, i agree with the goals of Anonymous i just don't agree with some/most of their methodes.

• This has clearly spiralled out of controlled. But I enjoy seeing the debates between you all :D!

@gsrdgrdghd said: True the SOPA blackout was good and helped a lot. However it was done on legitimate democractic grounds, in contrast to what Anonymous does.

The SOPA blackout was not in 'contrast' to Anonymous.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Don't get me wrong, i agree with the goals of Anonymous

Anonymous has no defined goals.

@gsrdgrdghd said: i just don't agree with some/most of their methodes.

Nor does 'most of the methods' constitute of 'DDoS and cracking'. A correct way to state what I think you mean, would be 'the most prevalent methods'.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
    edited June 2012

@joepie91 said: Uhm, yes, it is. That something is not admitted on Wikipedia as a source for notability does not mean that it suddenly isn't a source for anything whatsoever.

So if i said "Telecomix and Anonymous are not related" (Source: Me) that would have the same credibility and factuality as your statement. But i'm going to take your word here. To be honest Telecomix seems like a much more mature/noble group than Anonymous, but i guess thats since my image of Anonymous is mostly affected by my time lurking /b/ when i was younger.

@joepie91 said: Do you want the short or the long version?

The short version would be better i guess.

@joepie91 said: You seem to try very hard to avoid considering the impact, effort, and intention involved in Anon operations.

As i was talking about the skill required for the operations the impact, (effort) and intention are mood.

@joepie91 said: The SOPA blackout was not in 'contrast' to Anonymous.

'in contrast' relating to democratic, not to the SOPA blackout.

@joepie91 said: the most prevalent methods

I can agree to that. You know what the last 2 news i heard about Anonymous (even from Anonymous-near websites) were? 1. 100 Anons got arrested for DDoSsing the website of the GEMA (some german music stuff) 2. Anon DDoSses GEMA to protest arrest of 100 Anons for DDoSsing GEMA.

Edit: Let me ask you this: If you really want to help the internet and support freedom, wouldn't it be much better to not be associated with all that clusterfuck? What benefit do you get from calling yourself "Anonymous"?

edited June 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: So if i said "Telecomix and Anonymous are not related" (Source: Me) that would have the same credibility and factuality as your statement.

Not exactly, since an 'exclusion' statement (by lack of a better name) can be proven invalid by someone that has experienced a relationship between two things. My experience that the two are related can point out your experience being incomplete (you did not have all the info), yet that is not possible the other way around - regardless of subject.

@gsrdgrdghd said: The short version would be better i guess.

My suggestion would be a system where not one person can initiate force against another (that includes physical force, psychological force, or other forms of force, including the concept of 'government') without consent. When done properly, such a system can actually work. And no, that does not exclude the possibility of having a government, it just can't decide that it has power over those that did not choose to be part of it. I have no desire to 'lead' or 'decide' things in any capacity outside of my own business.

As for what I do, I contribute whatever I can in whatever ways I can - that is mostly development, research, and trying to poke holes in theories or ideas in order to make them more solid. Can I change the world on my own? Probably (almost surely) not. Is it a better option than sitting on my ass bitching at everyone that does try to cause some kind of positive change? Fuck yes.

@gsrdgrdghd said: As i was talking about the skill required for the operations the impact, (effort) and intention are mood.

Good point - I read that in the wrong context there. I retract that statement for that specific post, it does however still apply to your post(s) before that (regarding this list of operations).

@gsrdgrdghd said: 'in contrast' relating to democratic, not to the SOPA blackout.

Anonymous as a whole is not democratic - however, it is not in contrast with it either. Anonymous has no defined methodology for things, and individual groups or operations may choose different (hierarchical or non-hierarchical) structures. As such, saying something is 'in contrast to democratic methods' really only goes for specific groups and operations, and not for Anonymous as a whole.

@gsrdgrdghd said: I can agree to that. You know what the last 2 news i heard about Anonymous (even from Anonymous-near websites) were? 1. 100 Anons got arrested for DDoSsing the website of the GEMA (some german music stuff) 2. Anon DDoSses GEMA to protest arrest of 100 Anons for DDoSsing GEMA.

I actually haven't really followed the stories on what is getting DDoSed by who lately, because I'm getting tired of the DDoS kids just as much as many others do.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@joepie91 said: Anon does more than just DDoSing

this is funny, you know, when they put: Tango down! and the link to a page that they DDoS... that's pathetic.