Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap yearly VPS | KVM preferred
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap yearly VPS | KVM preferred

I am needing a simple VPS that will be used mainly for remote file storage (off site backup of family photos, via BTSync and/or RSync) and a VPN (needed to get around a block on streaming the open Wi-Fi has at the hospital my wife and I will be spending to much time at when our daughter is born soon).

I would prefer KVM because it works simply with OpenVPN-AS. I know other types can support it and would consider it, if they already have the settings needed without a need for a support ticket. Though I may also just go back to to a PPTP VPN for simplicity.

I am looking for:

• 256MB Ram (512+ would be nice, 128 would be a fun to learn how to be efficient)
  • 30-50GB storage (SSD is not needed)
  • US data center (Pandora doesn't like foreign IP's)
  • Yearly billing under $20/year

I have seen a few hosts that offer packages that meet most of what I am looking for, but I wanted to see what others recommend, or if there is someone that can make an offer to meet these requirements.

I appreciate the assistance.

Comments