Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM v1.16 + Security Updates - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM v1.16 + Security Updates

2»

Comments

• noVNC seems to just display " Disconnected from Server "

Any advice on this?

• smansman Member
    edited August 2014

@clamhost said:
    noVNC seems to just display " Disconnected from Server "

Any advice on this?

I seem to have the same problem in client area . Tried "Host Node" and "Master Node" setting.

Admin area works.

• @zafouhar said:
    rds100 in any case including a security fix with a release including new features is somewhat stupid, the security fix should be released independently of anything else

this is what I was wondering. does this mean that anyone who can't upgrade for any reason (see posts about LES above) doesn't get a security fix?

• @hostnoob said:
    this is what I was wondering. does this mean that anyone who can't upgrade for any reason (see posts about LES above) doesn't get a security fix?

Why can't they upgrade? They don't have to use the IPv6 Subnets feature right now if they don't want.
    Just upgrade to get the security fixes.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@soluslabs said:
    Might be worth putting a ticket in as it all depends on your subnet configuration.

Ticket #WSU-718079

• @jmginer said:
    IPv6 range added to a VPS, but only pings the first IPv6 of the block, the rest of the IPv6 in this range (VPS) don't ping it :S

I spoke to them in depth about this, they only added the "basic" functionality, IE only the first IPv6 in the block is bound, and they are adding the ability to add/remove additional IPv6 from that subnet you assigned to a container (end user panel side) in a "future release". IE, you can give each customer a /64, but only the first IP is actually usable atm.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited August 2014

Lol that was the joke of 2014 from @soluslabs - better if they just didn't add the feature

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

SkylarM said: but only the first IP is actually usable atm.

So essentially it has taken functionality away, I think this was just a rush release, rather than unpicking the ipv6 elements in progress to release the security update only they have pushed the update out like this, makes sense.

Was only released on the 4th, it really should have had that as a release note if they actually knew that is how it would work before generating 100's of support tickets for their customers but security is key.

I expect that fixing this will be number 1 priority and a functional version will be released by the 11th as they did promise weekly updates.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

They're actively working on the IPv6 stuff. I've been in contact with Phill, and he's working on a test environment we set up to expedite the process.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2014

@soluslabs I know this seems to be a IPV6 happy thread, however I was wondering if there has been any progress with the user created backups that were promised in 1.16?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@ryanarp said:
    solusvm I know this seems to be a IPV6 happy thread, however I was wondering if there has been any progress with the user created backups that were promised in 1.16?

I think you meant @soluslabs

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2014

Steps to reproduce the IPv6 issue:

• Create a CT with IPv6 subnet
    • If you do a outgoing ping6 from the CT to ipv6.google.com, run OK
    • If you ping6 from outside to the first IPv6 of the subnet, run OK
    • If you ping6 from outside to the first IPv6 of the subnet, timeout!!!
    • If you install cPanel, you add the IPv6 subnet and you add domains on the IPv6 subnet:
      • The outgoing ping6 from the CT to ipv6.google.com, not run more!!! cPanel issue?
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

AnthonySmith said: I think you meant @soluslabs

That probably explains it :P

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith