Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM OpenVZ random outages, reboots, broken iptables - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM OpenVZ random outages, reboots, broken iptables

2»

Comments

• Thanks god NJ seems to be fine. Mine is up for 20 days. Nothing serious on that though

• heyits_bobheyits_bob Member
    edited August 2014

..and its down AGAIN (at the time of this writing). Feathur shows no stats and the VPS isn't responding to anything other than pings again!

UPDATE: It's up now but I had to manually kick-start IPTables and TUN/TAP again.. sigh. I've had the same kind trouble with this node since the start (about 3 months now) and its been getting a whole lot worse recently.

• @heyits_bob said:
    ..and its down AGAIN (at the time of this writing). Feathur shows no stats and the VPS isn't responding to anything other than pings again!

Confirmed. My VPS is down too.

• ATHKATHK Member

Sad to see that the support is terribly slow..

• mine is up but sometimes down. its up and down.
    hopefully, this will be solve by bluevm. I was a costumer with them since 2011

• So apparently they don't do node transfers and simply offered me about 50% of the price of the 2 year VPS (which I've used for about 3 months) as credit or a recreation (which I've done before, it doesn't solve the issue and I'm still on the problematic node). I guess I shouldn't expect too much, but I'd prefer to have a VPS that doesn't forget its iptables and tun/tap settings wiped every 24 hours due to crashes and downtime. :/

• Bite the bullet and simply cancel your services and go with a reputable provider. That's the best approach in a situation like this, IMHO.

@heyits_bob said:
    So apparently they don't do node transfers and simply offered me about 50% of the price of the 2 year VPS (which I've used for about 3 months) as credit or a recreation (which I've done before, it doesn't solve the issue and I'm still on the problematic node). I guess I shouldn't expect too much, but I'd prefer to have a VPS that doesn't forget its iptables and tun/tap settings wiped every 24 hours due to crashes and downtime. :/

• @k0nsl said:
    Bite the bullet and simply cancel your services and go with a reputable provider. That's the best approach in a situation like this, IMHO.

Yeah, I have the more critical services on a Ramnode VPS and I think I'll need to move some more of these services over to it!

• My host is currently up, but for the last day or two, iowait is very slow, which I've never seen before.

ssh takes 45 seconds just to give back a password prompt and then another 30 seconds to log in. Other commands like 'ls' take 6-10 seconds to return any output.

• @eiYeK8dozai6KahyB said:
    My host is currently up, but for the last day or two, iowait is very slow, which I've never seen before.

ssh takes 45 seconds just to give back a password prompt and then another 30 seconds to log in. Other commands like 'ls' take 6-10 seconds to return any output.

Sounds like the host node's drive is bad

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited August 2014

heyits_bob said: So apparently they don't do node transfers and simply offered me about 50% of the price of the 2 year VPS (which I've used for about 3 months) as credit or a recreation (which I've done before, it doesn't solve the issue and I'm still on the problematic node). I guess I shouldn't expect too much, but I'd prefer to have a VPS that doesn't forget its iptables and tun/tap settings wiped every 24 hours due to crashes and downtime. :/

happened to me too when I was in Kansas node.

• DevoniusDevonius Member
    edited August 2014

@BlueVM can you please reply to #909843 ticket?

your last reply is 08/06/2014 14:56 it is over 50 hours...

• edited August 2014

My VPS is down again. It has continued to be up and down. The situation has gotten worse and worse. More nightly reboots.

My VPS seems like it's been down more than it has been up. Every time I need to go use it, it's broken.

• heyits_bobheyits_bob Member
    edited August 2014

@eiYeK8dozai6KahyB said:
    My VPS is down again. It has continued to be up and down. The situation has gotten worse and worse. More nightly reboots.

My VPS seems like it's been down more than it has been up. Every time I need to go use it, it's broken.

I would like to add that my VPS had a grace period and it surprisingly had an uptime greater than 24 hours (which was almost impossible to achieve this past couple of weeks/months). However recently I'm experiencing crashes/reboots/downtime frequently once again. As of now my VPS is currently down, but I can no longer guarantee how long this will last, when it will go up again, or how long it will stay up. I'm being denied a transfer and all i'm being told is that they are "working on it."

• same goes with mine, but that seem to happen to OVZ only as my KVM with them doesn't seem to have much issue though I only got their KVM for few month while already 1 year+ with their OVZ.

Well I din't run anything critical on them so doesn't concern me much, that I never open a ticket for this issue.

• wychwych Member

Move elsewhere.

• Today ends the saga of my first, and last, VPS with BlueVM.

It ends pretty much the way it started.

"Unable to connect to the host node."

That's what the Feathur control panel is telling me right now.

Today is the last day of my one-year ownership of a VPS with BlueVM. I am just trying to scrub the VM and make sure it gets wiped, but I can't even do that beause the host node is down.

The host uptime was maybe 70%? I don't know. It wasn't there when I needed it, and when it was, it took MINUTES to get a shell or any command to return output.

BlueVM, never again, ever again.

I am happy with my RAMNode and VPSDime VPSs.