Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me test this "forum" script.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me test this "forum" script.

subigosubigo Member
edited June 2012 in General

I created a simple "forum" type of script, which integrates with Disqus comments, so my users (or anyone really) can ask questions. I wanted it to be lightweight, fast, and not require registration for posting a new topic. I've tested it as much as I can, but if anyone sees any giant errors that I might have missed, I'd appreciate it.

http://zensix.com/beta-forum/

Post whatever you want (legal). I'll delete the entire folder later.

Comments

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Stars system seems a little strange. Isn't responding quickly, and goes down rather than up.

• subigosubigo Member

@liamwithers said: Stars system seems a little strange. Isn't responding quickly, and goes down rather than up.

Yeah, that's all part of the new Disqus system. The comment order can be changed under the "Discussion" tab.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

Oh ok, nice that you can change order.

I assume that it's not just me that after clicking the star more than once.. it goes from zero, down to -1, -2, -3 etc. going down by one each time it's clicked?

EDIT: Btw, first time I've visited your site.. very clean, must be said :)

• lawllawl Member

magic_quotes_gpc? ' is backslashed.

• subigosubigo Member

@liamwithers said: Oh ok, nice that you can change order.

I assume that it's not just me that after clicking the star more than once.. it goes from zero, down to -1, -2, -3 etc. going down by one each time it's clicked?

EDIT: Btw, first time I've visited your site.. very clean, must be said :)

It just goes back and forth between 1 and 0 for me, so it sounds like a javascript issue. Their 2012 system has a few bugs still and is in beta, so there's probably more where that came from. And thanks.

• subigosubigo Member

@lawl said: magic_quotes_gpc? ' is backslashed.

Just noticed that. Didn't realize it was even enabled.

• Wow, like the third time you redesigned your website :D. Looks better each time.

Mind if I use one of your old designs?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

seems veeeeery nice.... will it be open source?

• subigosubigo Member

@lele0108 said: Wow, like the third time you redesigned your website :D. Looks better each time.

Mind if I use one of your old designs?

If you have a copy or can pull it from a cache, go for it. I can upload them somewhere later. I change the layout about every three months (had 22 different designs since 2008). I split test them and change based on what performs the best each quarter. For me, the design is just a landing page. Once someone's a client, they don't care what it looks like from that point on.

• subigosubigo Member

@netomx said: seems veeeeery nice.... will it be open source?

It's literally three small files. I'll upload it later when I get a chance. It basically just creates a new page for each topic (based on a template file) and then enters the url into a text file. No database or anything needed.

Thanked by 2netomx ElliotJ
  • LOL.

What's with the "Unban Naruto Now" on the link.

• subigosubigo Member

@cosmicgate said: What's with the "Unban Naruto Now" on the link.

lol... no captcha or session wait limit.

• @subigo said: If you have a copy or can pull it from a cache, go for it. I can upload them somewhere later.

Don't really have a copy, but I do like your design style.

• commenting seems to be off for me. Atleast its not working (constantly loading but to no avail).

Looking good anyways!

• Really nice, good work @subigo ;)

Thanked by 1netomx

@subigo said: want

you can post it now :3

• subigosubigo Member

@netomx said: you can post it now :3

I'm just about to walk out the door. I'll post it later tonight. I'll have to clean it up and remove a few things first.

edited June 2012

@subigo said: I'm just about to walk out the door.

:(

EDIT: it is very nice your forum, I will implement it =)

• subigosubigo Member
    edited June 2012

HERE YOU GO

For those of you who wanted it: http://goo.gl/aGNmV

I cleaned out all of the regular site code (as best I could). This has no captcha or time limit watch. In fact, it has almost nothing. You'll see how simple it is when you download it. You'll need to add your own Disqus code to line #47 (I think it was) of the submit.php file.

Thanked by 2Andri lele0108
  • AndriAndri Member

Good job, dude. Like it.

• Awesome Subigo, thanks!

By the way, it's like #54 ;)

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2012

I can use nbsp in the title.

Edit:
    And my MouseOverMe isn't working in Chrome, but it works with Firefox

• laaevlaaev Member

Neat but too simple and basic

• jcalebjcaleb Member

unique and useful. congrats @subigo

edited June 2012

I've added a goatse redirect but i'm too afraid to try it out :S

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • subigosubigo Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: I've added a goatse redirect but i'm too afraid to try it out :S

lol... forgot the prefix.

• @subigo said: lol... forgot the prefix.

Crap :( You should really add a goatse mirror to your site ;)

• subigosubigo Member

Here's an updated submit.php file that should prevent the blank topic and most xss: http://pastebin.com/JcPs2uwJ

edited June 2012

@subigo said: Here's an updated submit.php file that should prevent the blank topic and most xss: http://pastebin.com/JcPs2uwJ

I can still use CSS and a lot of other stuff for some fun :P

Also blank topics

• subigosubigo Member
    edited June 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: I can still use CSS and a lot of other stuff for some fun :P

Also blank topics

Yeah, as long as I allow pre tags, there will be more filtering to do. I just wanted to keep xss attempts out for now.

&*160; bug fixed. I'll just have to create a function for all the damned codes.