Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

VPS with VPN connection for development env?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with VPN connection for development env?

Hi, i am doing currently some PHP, JS development, but the local virtual development env is kinda slow, and i cannot really see how well the application is running. I also have a VPS, where i host some websites, but its very low load ~10%, so i thought that i could run the application on the vps to get some real world performance, but i dont want it to respond to requests form the internet.
Is there a way to use a vpn protocol to connect to the vps from my laptop and only run the app on localhost? i prefer to use IPSec for the vpn connection as it is native to android as well.

The websites that are hosted on the vps must not be affected.

Comments

• Hey, check out MotherShip1 if you want. You get your own router (Mikrotik) so you can set up a VPN connection on there and each VM you create will automatically be assigned an IP by the router.