Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Request: Cheap dedi in Europe for virtualization
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Request: Cheap dedi in Europe for virtualization

I've been a long time lurker here, but here's my first thread!

Interests in programming, networks, Linux, and such have now led to to want to learn more about virtualization. I'd like to learn how to set up virtual environments (probably Open VZ and KVM) and then possibly use them in production.

A requirement would be to have a set of IPv4 addresses, or the ability to add IPs at a reasonable rate. IPv6 isn't entirely necessary.

I'd only need about 8GB of memory, but I'd be willing to pay for more if it worked out as a good deal.

HDD space really isn't a huge factor 500GB would probably be fine.

I'm from the UK, so a location anywhere in Europe will be fine.

I've looked at a few plans such as from online.net, however So you Start's cheapest package seems to be the best option for me currently.

Are there any other offers/providers which you could suggest for me?

I'm only a student, so I don't have much cash. I'd be looking for something around the £30 / $50 / €35 mark, if not cheaper.

Oh and don't worry I won't be summerhosting ;) It's purely for learning and personal projects.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments