Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bargain Bin Dedicated Servers - West Coast USA, /29 IPv4 + /64 IPv6, Starting at $15/month!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bargain Bin Dedicated Servers - West Coast USA, /29 IPv4 + /64 IPv6, Starting at $15/month!

Hello,
Frixel Solutions LLC. is a registered company in the state of Oregon, though we primarily operate in California. We use private WHOIS, however you can confirm our information here and we also have contact information on our website here.

We have an exclusive offer for LowEndTalk readers, for FREE setup on any of our "Bargain Bin Dedicated Server" lineup. Usually there is a $5 setup fee on these low end dedicated servers. You can see what we have in stock right now, order soon as we do not have many in stock, though we will periodically add more.

Pentium 4 CPU, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 10Mbps Unmetered (~3TB) - $15/month

Core 2 Duo CPU, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 3TB 100Mbps - $30/month

Core 2 Duo CPU, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 3TB 100Mbps - $35/month

https://www.frixelsolutions.com/secure/cart.php?gid=5

Promo code for Free setup: LET-BBDS-FS

CPUs, RAM speed, hard drive model, speed, and age may vary between servers. Everything is thoroughly tested and ready to go. We do not allow configuration of these servers as far as changing the hardware specifications. If you want a different operating system than listed please select Other and say what you want in the order notes. Customers could mail CD or flash drive, as well (won't be returned, but we will keep it as long as the customer's service is active, for future re-installs needed, then it will be destroyed). By default we use Minimal installs. Please put the OS you want in the order notes if it's not listed. If you need many reinstalls we will begin to charge $5 each for the time and effort - this is a low margin service. If you need constant reinstalls get a virtual server where you can do it from your web browser.

All servers include a /29 of IPv4 and a /64 of IPv6. Our network upstream consists of HE right now, and more will be added soon by our upstream provider. As far as I know Level3 is next.

Our servers are located in Rohnert Park, California. We own and operate our servers in this unique location; we are not a reseller. Our upstream bandwidth provider has enterprise level fiber internet service. The building has grid power, solar power, a generator, and our core network has another layer of UPS backups, so we won't be having any power or network problems.

Test IP: 204.10.167.214

We accept PayPal and Credit Cards. If you need any additional information, please let us know. Thank you and we look forward to serving you. Please be sure to read our terms of service, acceptable use policy, and privacy policy located at the bottom of every page of our website.

https://www.frixelsolutions.com/

Comments

• Ah, finally got your spammy 5 posts? ;)

Good luck! :)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

So these servers are just in an office type environment not a data centre?

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_center

"A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems. It generally includes redundant or backup power supplies, redundant data communications connections, environmental controls (e.g., air conditioning, fire suppression) and various security devices"

We are as much a datacenter as FiberHub or DataShack, if not better.

• You've got a pack of AA batteries in the top desk drawer?

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • edited August 2014

@ricardo said:
    You've got a pack of AA batteries in the top desk drawer?

This facility has over four megawatts of solar capacity, and battery/UPS system that allows for seamless transitions between solar, grid, and battery power. As well as two eight megawatt generators. We have at least one dedicated transformer from the electric company at this building (PG&E). Two to four major internet providers are nearby thus grid power should be restored at a high priority should any problems occur. We have not had any power interruptions at all in over a year.

Thanked by 2ricardo ihatetonyy
  • This looks great> >

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited August 2014

@frixelsolutions: I'm going to come off as a major asshole for this, probably, but the question needs to be asked..

Has this situation been remedied? If not, is there anyone on-site if your office goes south?
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/611667/#Comment_611667

• said: Pentium 4 CPU, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 10Mbps Unmetered (~3TB) - $15/month

Unmetered bandwidth?
    Or 3TB bandwidth?

• Joeyl said: Unmetered bandwidth? Or 3TB bandwidth?

The maximum you could push in a month over a 10Mbps unmetered connection is roughly 3TB.

• Can I install windows os?

• @ttsaon said:
    Can I install windows os?

Sure, if you supply a legitimate key and original install media we can install it for you on any dedicated server. What will you be using it for?

• Ordered the last P4 :p

• @frixelsolutions said:
    Sure, if you supply a legitimate key and original install media we can install it for you on any dedicated server. What will you be using it for?

need ship physical media? can't use iso file? thanks

• Also.. if nobody else has noticed.. Whois Privacy is Enabled.
    andddd... only HE.. http://bgp.he.net/AS46600

• edited August 2014

@AutoSnipe said:
    Also.. if nobody else has noticed.. Whois Privacy is Enabled.
    andddd... only HE.. http://bgp.he.net/AS46600

Hello,
    Please read the entire offer post at the top of the thread. Both of these things are covered. Level3 is in the process of being added by our upstream, and more to come.

@ub3rstar said:
    Ordered the last P4 :p

Thank you for your order. I'm surprised the P4 is the most popular :) We will have that provisioned for you ASAP, hopefully today. Keep in mind that we will adjust the billing date to whenever the server is provisioned.

@ihatetonyy said:
    I'm ... a major asshole ... Is there anyone on-site?

We have somebody on site during business hours. If not, we can get somebody there in half an hour.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • frixelsolutions said: We have somebody on site during business hours.

10/10 use of ellipses - thanks for the response.

• wychwych Member

@frixelsolutions said:
    This facility has over four megawatts of solar capacity, and battery/UPS system that allows for seamless transitions between solar, grid, and battery power. As well as two eight megawatt generators. We have at least one dedicated transformer from the electric company at this building (PG&E). Two to four major internet providers are nearby thus grid power should be restored at a high priority should any problems occur. We have not had any power interruptions at all in over a year.

Got any pics of your lovely setup? ;)

Thanked by 1trewq
  • 8QE8QE Member

P4 servers are out of stock, i want to buy one originally.

• @8QE said:
    P4 servers are out of stock, i want to buy one originally.

Hi, we are out of stock on these. Please consider one of our Core2Duo based servers. Thank you.

• I got my P4 server provisioned the other day and I did a benchmark but I wasn't getting 10Mbps speeds (only about 4Mbps). I contacted FrixelSolutions and they were able to determine that the router was throttling my port speed and fixed it. I should also note that I'm impressed that the Pentium 4 CPU is 3Ghz and supports hyper threading (as I was under the impression that its really outdated). The only thing though is that it didn't seem to support FreeBSD :(

Here's the benchmark:

$ curl -s http://freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh|sh

CPU model : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Number of cores : 2

CPU frequency : 2999.927 MHz

Total amount of ram : 2750 MB

Total amount of swap : 2879 MB

System uptime : 8:49,

Download speed from CacheFly: 902KB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 517KB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 584KB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 401KB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 359KB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 329KB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 304KB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 703KB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 829KB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 442KB/s

I/O speed : 87.4 MB/s

• @ub3rstar said:
    I got my P4 server provisioned the other day and I did a benchmark but I wasn't getting 10Mbps speeds (only about 4Mbps). I contacted FrixelSolutions and they were able to determine that the router was throttling my port speed and fixed it. I should also note that I'm impressed that the Pentium 4 CPU is 3Ghz and supports hyper threading (as I was under the impression that its really outdated). The only thing though is that it didn't seem to support FreeBSD :(

Hi, thank you for your review of our service and happy you are enjoying it. If you have any further questions or feedback please feel free to let us know. Benchmark your server's network occasionally because you will be in for a nice (free) surprise in the coming months! :)

• Don't have much but still have some stock remaining.

• edited September 2014

@lukesUbuntu said:
    frixelsolutions test ip dead

It's called DDoS from this LOVELY (sarcasm) community.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu