Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider changed specs 3 months into yearly plan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider changed specs 3 months into yearly plan

I have been having a lot of trouble with a provider. My vps was down for a month since they had HD issues with the node. I was hoping to get my data back but that never happened.

They did end up crediting me the one month but they had an up time credit policy they didn't follow.

They were still having connection issues in that location so I requested to be moved to another location, which they did.

They then decided that they wouldn't honor the specs of the VPS that i agreed to. It was a promotional plan they posted to LEB, but they changed the specs since the offer was posted.

They increased my rebill amount in WHMCS and are saying I have two options. Take the lower spec vps or cancel and they will apply a partial credit to my account.

Does this happen a lot? What would you do?

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

said: What would you do?

I would post the provider name.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • raindog308 said: I would post the provider name.

And then move on. There are lots of providers that will provide 10x better service for your money.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • thharristhharris Member
    edited August 2014

Ok I guess, at least it can be a warning for others.

I took up the BlueVM birthday offer on here in may of 2013 and got a hard drive upgrade for 20gigs , and they sat unused for a year. Then this year in may I renewed and started using the vps for hosting a small wordpress site, and 3 months in the second year they now switched me to the new Blue3 plans.

So they dropped swap from 2GB to 1GB
    Hard drive from 70GB to 40GB

Offer post I used.
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/bluevm-birthday-promotion-25year-512mb-kvm-in-buffalo-or-los-angeles/

The annoying part is just after I renewed for the first year at that price they had another offer that was better then what I was paying.

http://lowendbox.com/blog/bluevm-4-anniversary-offers-starting-at-12-99year-in-six-locations-across-the-usa/

• Take partial Credit then cancel and post bad review here. Pls also mention provider name here

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited August 2014

We had a disk failure no one even noticed, was replaced in 60 minutes.

• @mentari said:
    Take partial Credit then cancel and post bad review here. Pls also mention provider name here

I think you might have misunderstood, they won't refund me. Only post a credit to my Bluevm account.

• They will do something for you to make you happy i am sure. @bluevm

• slashmpwslashmpw Member
    edited August 2014

It's only about £20..... Cancel it, move on and don't ever buy service from them again.

• That's most unfortunate. Not only did you lose your data and access to the server but then they wouldn't let you get the same product you once had. I could see if the node you were on was old and the new offering was better... but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's important for us to always do the right thing for our customers hopefully they make it right for you.

Thanked by 1Cltcam
  • The sad part is I have 2 vps's with them so its about $50

• @thharris - Ticket #? I'll sort this out... sometimes we just miss these things.

• wychwych Member

@sz1hosting said:
    We had a disk failure no one even noticed, was replaced in 60 minutes.

Lol.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • jaypeesmithjaypeesmith Member
    edited August 2014

self edit

Saw that the provider is working to resolve with customer.

edited August 2014

@BlueVM said:
    thharris - Ticket #? I'll sort this out... sometimes we just miss these things.

Ticket #824567

• @thharris said:
    That was the reply I got when I linked to the ticket where I asked for the hard drive upgrade and the offer from low end box...

Requesting a better plan posted later, and saying that the provider downgraded offered specs are different things. Are you sure the latter happened?

• @joelgm said:

I purchased from the link on leb in may 2013, and within a day asked for options to upgrade hd in a ticket. They sent a new invoice and I paid the difference.

Now fast forward 15 months, they reprovisioned the server under the new lesser blue 3 plan and refused to give me what I had before.

edited August 2014

Thanks but BlueVM was able to solve the misunderstanding and resolve everything. This can now be closed @Spirit, @mpkossen

• thharris said: BlueVM was able to solve the misunderstanding

I was wondering about OP's claims as of bluevm's attitude, because they are normally very helpful and polite to their clients (this comes also from my personal experience with them). Yes, their support is very slow most of the time and they have issues with some of their servers from time to time, but for the price they provide a good service. I have 5 boxes with them and I had minimum issues.