Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spamcop fighting spam and spamming just as bad as the spammer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spamcop fighting spam and spamming just as bad as the spammer

1. spammer signs up on network, starts typical blast
  2. Spamcop reports come flooding in
  3. Immediate termination happened 24 hours ago
  4. Spamcop reports for the respective IP were replied to for about 12 hours of being "resolved"
  5. Spamcop CONTINUES to keep sending in spam reports FROM THURSDAY when its SATURDAY
  6. I got one reply from them - "we pass on complaints as we receive them" after I stated that flooding our abuse email queue makes us less effective due to handling erroneous reports and makes us question the effectiveness of their company.

Great.

Your run a service and are so delusional that you've gone down to the level of a spammer yourself with your fight against Chinese spammers who are a dime for about 10 dozen.

Oh yeah... a CISCO service.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

K?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Don't you dare insult the anti-spam organization I use! :(

• There is software thats abuse specific should you wish to automate reports and contact customers.

I dont really see how they are "spamming", it sounds more like you are being forwarded the reported emails.

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited August 2014

@eddynetweb agree.

It's good service, and easy to set. Working well with SPAMASSASSIN.

• Oh interesting, any recommended links please people i like reading up on these kind of things.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2014

I don't see a problem with this. You aren't even receiving one email for every spam email sent from your network.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited August 2014

Spamcop is fine, user reports to SpamCop and they forward it to you. Can be a few days later if people don't check emails every day and report it later when they do.

It takes 2s to open the link and mark it as resolved.

• spamcop does not send reports starting 48 hours after the message was received by the reporter's mail server.

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/188.html

moreover, spamcop offers functions for resolving issues to stop other users from then reporting the same IP. these functions are approximately three clicks away from the email sent.

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/117.html

if you just blind-reply to abuse complaints without reading them, no wonder you get a lot of them.