Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WeLoveServers Reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WeLoveServers Reviews?

Hi all, Would like to buy from WeLoveServers but never heard anything about them. Have any of you used them and could rate their performance, reliability and uptime?

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Average performance, average reliability, uptime is as you'd expect.

Good prices, good performance and value for money, nothing to write home about.

Thanked by 2serverboss jvnadr
  • @Nekki said:
    Average performance, average reliability, uptime is as you'd expect.

Good prices, good performance and value for money, nothing to write home about.

+1

• +1 as @Nekki

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited August 2014

I have two boxes with them.

Using a metaphor: If RamNode was NameCheap, WeLoveServers would be Dreamhost. Average, slightly impersonal, always professional support, with acceptable response times. Reliable, but don't expect anything above what you are paying - performance too. Uptime is always 99%, but never 100%.

Their rating would be on the higher end of LET.

• You get what you pay for, but overall epic for the price.

• They were good, actually very good once upon a time. These days they are not that good anymore :(

Thanked by 2linuxthefish jvnadr
  • akzakz Member

they are average, I wouldnt say great. I had issues with their florida node which would go down like crazy. Had worse uptime than my GVH, must of been the node cause I get no more notifications of downtime since I moved to their UK node.

• badreligionbadreligion Member
    edited August 2014

They used to be really great. They've really gone downhill in the past 6 months or so though.

Ticket response times were reliably under 10 minutes and disk io/network was great. Lately, the nodes are up and down, the iopings can be single-digits, and the tickets go without a response for days.

They're better than the bottom of the barrel garbage like CVPS/BlueVM/CloudAtCost though :)

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • I've had a great experience with their Germany location. Thinking about trying Texas.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited August 2014

Overcrowded servers, poor disk IO, rebooted every 3-5 days. There's much better for not much more. My experience is with their US location (Florida).

Thanked by 3linuxthefish akz W3Host
  • shammyshammy Member
    edited August 2014

They're OK. Wouldn't use them for production purposes, but I use it as a spare box and as a slave DNS server at the moment. Uptime is a bit flaky:

06:59:47 up 9 days, 4:09, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• I suggest you checkout a bit of other providers, WeLoveServers is no good to try.

• shyaminayeshshyaminayesh Member
    edited August 2014

ironhide said: They were good, actually very good once upon a time. These days they are not that good anymore :(

+1, suggest to try with another provider

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited August 2014

They were really really good back then. Now its deteriorating day by day. Won't recommend it to anyone. After using their services, I learnt that, "you get what you pay for".

• JsonJson Member

Had a box with them end of last year. Performance was decent and customer service was really good. Like seriously you get 5 minute ticket replies. Then there was a whole bunch of people signing up from LEB because everyone was raving about how good WLS was.

After that, the performance of the node just went downhill from there and I think they started to introduce SSD cache but there was a lot of abusers on the node by then. Had to let go of my box eventually.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

My experience was similar to Json.

•  18:38:45 up 38 days, 17:07,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• Fast response but server overload after sometime.

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited August 2014

14:38:12 up 38 days, 23:09, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

uptime is good, but load could go to 0.3 for no reason, sometimes the box is very sluggish.
    I tried to put a almost empty wordpress on it, turned out to be slow, maybe it was on congested periods, I left it idle for most of the time.

Once they send a kloxo vulnerable warning, so I replied to ask about kloxo-mr, I remember that their responding was really fast.

• yeah like almost everyone said, pretty average to bad, even with credit i wont be renewing anything, no point...

• When they started, their services were real good. But now, their servers are probably heavily oversold, the connection speed to the outer world (at least for me) is below medium and, as @hiphiphip0 said, even in an idle vps, sometimes load goes to 0.20-0.30 with no reason and no software in it... Hope they will "recover" from lowering their quality soon, oxide is a nice guy to his clients.

• I just started dealing with them recently. Support replies fast, but is oftentimes really ditzy and not immediately helpful. Very reminiscent of GVH support. They lead you on to make you think progress is being made.

It's only been a few days, but one of my three VPSes has pretty good performance, another is always up, but with meh performance, and the other keeps going down on its own every few hours, demanding a reboot. When I asked to be moved they simply just booted up my VPS for me, only to go right back down.

• They still don't have Ubuntu 14.04 as an image option, so I can't deploy applications to the servers with forge.laravel.com