Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want some VPS for Hitleap(not abusive, just a traffic exchange)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want some VPS for Hitleap(not abusive, just a traffic exchange)

I need stability, some perfect I/O
who can provide under $2/m?
I need absolutely stability
absolutely stability
absolutely stability
absolutely stability
absolutely stability

Comments

• Does hitleap run on Linux? I'm using my kimsufi Windows server for that atm

• BradBrad Member

Nobody, that I'm aware of. It can be resource intensive, from my understanding and the fact that you need Windows.

• @joodle said:
    Does hitleap run on Linux? I'm using my kimsufi Windows server for that atm
    @Brad said:
    Nobody, that I'm aware of. It can be resource intensive, from my understanding and the fact that you need Windows.

No No I can use wine

• @Brad said:

I can use wine and it's not resource intensive, for I asked some famous providers and they allowed

• BradBrad Member
    edited July 2014

@lewissue said:
    No No I can use wine

What specs are you looking for?

• @Brad said:
    What specs are you looking for?

just a VPS that can support hitleap without any auto-shutdown

• blackblack Member

@lewissue said:
    I can use wine and it's not resource intensive, for I asked some famous providers and they allowed

Stick with those providers then?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited July 2014

The software in question can be extremely abusive as when installed on Windows (and yes, even if a Linux VM is given, Windows can be installed using qemu or other related methods (easiest being DD inside a KVM VPS. Windows Server 2003 can happily run in 128MB of RAM, so don't think that a small plan will stop this) the software itself REQUIRES Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer is known to be terrible at (among other things) disk I/O related to the "Temporary Internet Files". This is what can cause most of the abuse related to JingLing or HitLeap.

That being said, GoodHosting is to provide specially created VM instances with Windows Server 2003 R2 and a specialized ramdisk that can handle this type of I/O without issues.

Plans start below:

(KVM) JingLing/HitLeap Optimized

CPU: Shared CPU Cores (2)
    Memory: Starting at 256MB OS-Usable RAM
    Storage: Tiered IOPS-Optimized Hard Storage w/ Volatile Temporary Storage (for JingLing Working Data)
    Bandwidth: Unmetered fair-use (1Gbps port)
    IPs: 1 SEO-class IPv4 Address

Can't be beat!

Your Cost: $5.00/mo (or $3.75 if paid yearly)
    (not pro-rated)

(KVM) JingLing/HitLeap Optimized

CPU: Shared CPU Cores (2)
    Memory: Starting at 256MB OS-Usable RAM
    Storage: Tiered IOPS-Optimized Hard Storage w/ Volatile Temporary Storage (for JingLing Working Data)
    Bandwidth: Unmetered fair-use (1Gbps port)
    IPs: 1 SEO-class IPv4 Address

Can't be beat!

Your Cost: $45.00/year (25% OFF)
    (not pro-rated)

This is an unrelated offer to our current plans, and is deployed on completely new hardware. If you are an existing customer, you can open a Support Ticket to have your VM upgraded to this new plan offering if you would like. We are willing to serve any quantity.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

Hi.
    Hitleap will freezing on 256 mb ram.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

You need atleast 512 mb ram else machine will freeze! Tried and tested :)

• @drserver said:

@cfgguy said:

Hello,

Thank you for your concern in regards to this project.

As you have some doubts, I would like to ask you guys to test out our new testbed free of charge as a beta program of sorts. I will also open this offer to three more concerned people in regards to the runtime of these machines.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

@GoodHosting said:
    As you have some doubts, I would like to ask you guys to test out our new testbed free of charge as a beta program of sorts. I will also open this offer to three more concerned people in regards to the runtime of these machines.

Fine PM me the server details and i will check :)

• @GoodHosting said:

I want this machine please pm me

• Yes, same here. gib

• Just installed vnc + wine on an OpenVZ VPS, this is the usage while running the hitleap bot:

Top:

RAM Usage:

• GoodHosting said: IPs: 1 SEO-class IPv4 Address

???

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

said: I need absolutely stability absolutely stability absolutely stability absolutely stability absolutely stability

If you seriously require "absolute stability" look for something not in the $2 range.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • sepeisepei Member

said: Hitleap

@GoodHosting said:

Would also like to test it and give you a feedback