Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soyoustart Reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Soyoustart Reviews?

nexmarknexmark Member

Anyone here have SYS?
Can anyone here comment on the support and the DDoS Mitigation?

Comments

• SoYouStart is a child company of OVH, like Kimsufi, the only thing that changes are the specs and setup fee, the rest is the same datacenter, same DDoS Mitigation, same "only hardware" support.

• @Gadelhas said:
    SoYouStart is a child company of OVH, like Kimsufi, the only thing that changes are the specs and setup fee, the rest is the same datacenter, same DDoS Mitigation, same "only hardware" support.

Correct However, OVH Direct includes Anti-DDos PRO, While SYS includes the standard Anti-DDoS

I'm looking for people to comment on how well/not well that standard system is

• CltcamCltcam Member

The DDOS protection is superb. All attacks on my server have been successfully mitigated. The protection is excellent, and you aren't going to get anything like it for an included price. The support is great. Emails take about 4 hours on business days, but you can get instant support via telephone. Don't expect support other than for hardware issues or simple questions. It's an unmanaged service.

• @Cltcam said:
    The DDOS protection is superb. All attacks on my server have been successfully mitigated. The protection is excellent, and you aren't going to get anything like it for an included price. The support is great. Emails take about 4 hours on business days, but you can get instant support via telephone. Don't expect support other than for hardware issues or simple questions. It's an unmanaged service.

I'm very pleased with their prices and the 24/7 phone support, However how long does your mitigation kick in when VAC detect's the flood?

• CltcamCltcam Member

Literally within minutes. I used my SYS server for game servers, specifically games that receive lots of attacks like Garry's Mod. As soon as there was an attack, I would receive an email stating that there is an attack. Then, once the attack is fully mitigated, you will receive another email stating that the attack was fully stopped. I used an E3 server, but it seems like SYS has a range of servers specifically meant for hosting games. Read more here. http://www.soyoustart.com/en/anti-ddos.xml .

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited July 2014

And by the way, http://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/ servers with 120 SEC are almost always instantly delivered within a few minutes, but sometimes it can take a few days if hardware needs to be shipped in.

• There's a review posted today on WHT if that interests you: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1398414

• CltcamCltcam Member

Carefully read the last line of that review. "I will say when the servers work they are great, it's when you need support that you'll start shopping for a new provider. Don't say I didn't warn you :-)" . As I said before, SYS is un-managed.

• DylanDylan Member

Gadelhas said: same "only hardware" support.

What's covered is the same, but the support itself is very different. So you Start has speedy phone and email support, while Kimsufi only gets snail-paced support via the forums. It's a night and day difference.