Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xen/Kvm LowEndBox provider in multiple locations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xen/Kvm LowEndBox provider in multiple locations?

kornnflakekornnflake Member
edited June 2012 in Help

Locking for a Xen/Kvm LowEndBox provider in multiple locations. Pretty much just like Edis :D

Any ideas?

Comments

• Everyone is going to hate me for saying this, but ThrustVPS?

Thanked by 2klikli HalfEatenPie
  • LoveVPS have UK and US

• klikliklikli Member

Hostigation?

• Hostigation, VPS6, BuyVM (once Atlanta becomes a reality?), and BurstNET are the first ones that come to mind.

URPad had rolled out a trial of Xen PV a while back in NY (which has been active for me far past the one trial month, but I'm not complaining..) though I'm not sure if they ever rolled it out in NY or beyond.

You might not find a provider with such a wide, amazing footprint as Edis though.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: LoveVPS have UK and US

We have another location which Im just testing out at the moment, should be released sometime in July / August.

• We have Xen-PV/HVM in Germany and USA.

• EDIS ;D

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • Just go with Edis, you can't go wrong ^_^

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

There's Santrex, but they're slightly above LEB, and whether you want them is an entirely different discussion (probably not).

@liam said: Santrex are the worst host that I've ever been with. Mindless it was two years ago.

It has not improved.

@Jack said: :facepalm: On you @joepie91

All there IP's are listed by spamhaus.

You probably missed the part where I said

@joepie91 said: whether you want them is an entirely different discussion (probably not).

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Even horrid hosts have their uses.

Thanked by 11q1
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@kornnflake said: Locking for a Xen/Kvm LowEndBox provider in multiple locations. Pretty much just like Edis :D

Any ideas?

I would recommend Castlegem.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1154534
    http://www.castlegem.co.uk/about_us.html

London Telehouse (UK), Manchester (UK), Vienna/Wien (AT), Prague/Praha (CZ), Hannover (DE), Ashburn (US), and Fremont (US)

Company owner is connected with hosting industry longer than most people I know and he know what he's doing. Sadly he don't advertise at LEB/LET enough to get wider recognition in this community.

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • thank you @Spirit :-) re: ads - it is true, I more often lurk here as a member than advertise, but I agree we should ;-) as for LEB - gave it up, I emailed them three times after their 'relaunch' and got no word back at all, so sadly ticked it off as a waste of time and effort (no offence of course, just matter of fact)
    oz.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Does Castlegem supports IPv6?

• Yes to: Vienna, Prague, Manchester, London (both DCs), and US West Coast. Coming: East Coast, Germany (the latter location, however, is mostly geared towards users who want a secondary DNS or similar).
    cheers
    oz.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2012

Test IP Prague?
    Using GTS?

EDIT:
    oh nevermind, Supernetwork, i pass considered their history

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@William said: i pass considered their history

Since when you care about some DC history, william? :) btw. is it zhangltd yours? :P
    I got Prague vps only 44 days ago so I can't give some extended review yet however so far I can't complain.

CPU model :    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2659.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 244 MB
    Total amount of swap : 511 MB
    System uptime :   44 days, 6:15,
    Download speed : (24.4MB/s)
    I/O speed : 164MB/s

But the real gem is for me of course Castlegem Vienna .at vps which walks nicely side by side with my Edis Graz .at vps :)

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @Spirit said: Since when you care about some DC history, william? :)

If they were part of the RBN i do - also no, it was sold to a family member :)

@Spirit said: But the real gem is for me of course Castlegem Vienna .at vps which walks nicely side by side with my Edis Graz .at vps :)

Yes, their location in Vienna (Neotelecoms i think) is very nice, connectivity is excellent.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@William said: If they were part of the RBN i do

So you googled and found name Supernetwork on huge list among PEER 1, HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Netelligent, Road Runner, Gandi, Level 3, HINET, swiftway, OVH, TUCOWS... and hudreds other ISPs, DCs, transit providers... we daily use but at some point each of them knowingly or unknowingly hosted some RBN clients and then you wanted to make it more important than it is? :) Big deal!
    Be careful so that you won't by mistake use some LEVEL3, Hetzner or HINET which are in same RBN basket as Supernetwork! :(

http://www.nartv.org/projects/badware/static/

Reading you someone may think that Supernetwork was really part of RBN organization while you just tryed to make impression like you know something important but there is nothing like that. Such careless random statements can easily put black spot on a decent provider (competition) when there's actually nothing behind to be worth to mention. Naughty, naughty Will.. :)

@liam said: @joepie91I've seen you recommend them before though...

Where? I've been bitching about them for as long as I can remember. But as @Aldryic said,

@Aldryic said: Even horrid hosts have their uses.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @Spirit said: So you googled and found name Supernetwork on huge list among PEER 1, HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Netelligent, Road Runner, Gandi, Level 3, HINET, swiftway, OVH, TUCOWS... and hudreds other ISPs, DCs, transit providers...

eh, no, research deeper - much like 2x4 and later Rove digital they were directly part of their spam division