Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate this benchmark @ serverbear
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rate this benchmark @ serverbear

Please give your opinions on this benchmark: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/07/29/S9JDmuhUiaHUS5Ux?Sort=&Order=&Server+Type=Cloud-VPS&Monthly+Cost=-&HDD=-&RAM=-&UnixBench=26400-42900&I/O+Benchmark=-&Bandwidth+Benchmark=-

I've got some trouble placing the data. IO seems slow, but I cannot tell if it is because of caching or not. Network ass well.

Comments

• RAM 63 GB

Wat.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Raymii can you comment on the disk setup, looks like SAS raid 1 at best guess on Xen or KVM using image based storage rather than LVM?

That is about the bench I would expect from 4 cores of an E3-1230 on XenPV with raid 10 and about 1GB Ram.

So something is 'off'

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Raymii can you comment on the disk setup, looks like SAS raid 1 at best guess on Xen or KVM using image based storage rather than LVM?

KVM with ZFS, ZIL + l2arc on ssd's and 15K SAS as SAN behind it via iscisi. Don't know if it's file or volume.

It is KVM.

That is about the bench I would expect from 4 cores of an E3-1230 on XenPV with raid 10 and about 1GB Ram.

So something is 'off'

It is seriously under performing then and most probably file based.

How is the iscsi attached?

• 63GB ram on E3, waaa

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    63GB ram on E3, waaa

It clearly picked up the wrong CPU type: CPU Speed 2599 MHz which could also explain the results, what CPU is it really @Raymii ?

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    It clearly picked up the wrong CPU type: CPU Speed 2599 MHz which could also explain the results, what CPU is it really Raymii ?

From the top of my head 2 E5 26xx's. iscsi is over fibre channel.

well if it over sas hba that is not the bottle neck then, I can only assume it is file based, but to be honest 7 cores, file based, with an E5 that bench is probably about right.

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited July 2014

The cpu is going to bottleneck

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    well if it over sas hba that is not the bottle neck then, I can only assume it is file based, but to be honest 7 cores, file based, with an E5 that bench is probably about right.

It is to be expected for this platform? Is it "good"?

@Raymii said:
    It is to be expected for this platform? Is it "good"?

Yeah it is pretty good.