Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asia-optimized low-end SSD VPS (OpenVZ) needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Asia-optimized low-end SSD VPS (OpenVZ) needed

I looking for a low-end SSD VPS with low-latency to Asia (Less than 200ms ping to Singapore)

• BW: 50GB
  • HDD: 5GB SSD
  • RAM: 0.5GB

I mainly use that VPS to run my personal (small) websites and as a testing/demo environment (personal usage) with these service(s):

• Nginx/PHP5-FPM: Required
  • MariaDB: Required
  • Elasticsearch: Required
  • Redis (or Memcache): Semi-required (Not require now but may required in a near future)
  • Vanish: Optional (Not planned in a near future)

My budget is not more than $15/yr (recursively)

Comments

• http://buyvm.net/ Has an Asia optimized network in Las Vegas I believe.

• TriDoxiuMTriDoxiuM Member
    edited July 2014

Terafire, OneAsiaHost. I don't know if they're considered low end but I heared that you get quite good ping here in Singapore.
    Edit:There's DO as well. The pings are good in Singapore because their servers are hosted here. Forgot about it lel

• @skybucks100, @TriDoxiuM: The plans are out of my budget :(

• @MichaelBui said:
    skybucks100, TriDoxiuM: The plans are out of my budget :(

Sorry to say this but in that case you're shit outta luck.
    DO's cheapest is $5 for 512 mb ram
    I'll do some searching around, see if I can find some Malaysian or some SEA servers that are dirt cheap.

• socialssocials Member
    edited July 2014

You're not going to get 512MB RAM for $15 yearly.

Well, you can, but.. You'd have to go with something like ChicagoVPS or 123systems.

• @TriDoxiuM I didn't say the VPS must be located in Asia. Los Angeles or Seatle are examples for good connection to Asia. Ping time from there is about 160-170ms which is very acceptable.

About the plan, Crissic offer 256MB RAM + 256MB swap for $12/yr. I don't think $15/yr is not reasonable. It's sad that ping time to them is quite high (~250-300ms)

• @MichaelBui said:
    About the plan, Crissic offer 256MB RAM + 256MB swap for $12/yr. I don't think $15/yr is not reasonable. It's sad that ping time to them is quite high (~250-300ms)

It isn't reasonable actually. Even that Crissic offer sounds pretty unreasonable.

512MB boxes usually go for $3-$5 a month.

• hashwaltzhashwaltz Member
    edited July 2014

xvmlabs quadranetDC ping 175ms to SG, 512 MB 100GB BW $4.87/year

but currently Out of Stock

• bandwagonhost offered 512MB RAM + 512MB Swap at $10/yr but out of stock as well :(

• aoleeaolee Member

https://xvmlabs.com/

512 MB of DDR ECC RAM
    5 GB of lightning-fast SSD
    100 GB of premium bandwidth
    1 IPv4 address

$4.87 yearly

• aoleeaolee Member

oops sorry for not reading. it's already posted above

• colmcolm Member
    edited July 2014

Seattle Bundle 1 at https://wable.com

Not SSD though.

• @wych I asked already about the BW of the plan & if it's recursive or not but no answer so far...

• tegatega Member

Stay away from 123systems, they will keep your money and did not provide any service

• I definitely stay away from 123systems, ChicagoVPS (newly acquire 123systems), BlueVM or any providers with negative reviews :)

• Hi - @michaelbui, we tried to post earlier but comment under moderation. It is recursive. the plan is the XS plan from here: http://simplercloud.com/prices but w/ LET coupon only = $7/mth recurring.

• @simplercloud Great to see your reply. I was afraid of slow-response support when I couldn't see a reply for a certain time...

• BAKABAKA Member

Crissic has high latency to Asia -- that's why they can offer such a bargin.

Low latency routing to Asia can triple or quadruple the cost.

• MichaelBuiMichaelBui Member
    edited July 2014

@BAKA I doubt it :)

I'm thinking of going with @simplercloud. My only concern now is that if they have a smaller package, that's will be perfect :) Compared with bandwagonhost 512MB SSD VPS for $10, this will be a huge budget difference for me.

I do NOT expect same price with SimplerCloud but a half of current promotion price for a half size of current package is great

• Hi - @michaelbui, noted on your request and we will consider and see how this promotion goes as well. Currently for now, XS is the smallest plan we have. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited July 2014

Try xvmlabs if there are any stock left. My location are in Jakarta, Indonesia. So far, my lowest ping are from them. Second best is Ramnode's Seattle. But the ram are only 128MB.

• @simplercloud I hope you will change your mind soon :)

@sirmbhe XVMLabs is out of stock. I'm running RamNode VPS also but not enough memory when I run mysql and elasticsearch together :(

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited July 2014

sirmbhe XVMLabs is out of stock. I'm running RamNode VPS also but not enough memory when I run mysql and elasticsearch together :(

@MichaelBui : Yes the budget are too low, the best option for the lowest price are Digital Ocean, imho. if that's way out of your budget, you have to make some compromise.

For $15/year the choice isn't that much. My suggestion, get more memory, probably from $15/year - 512MB plan from crissic - ahem @SkylarM . To improve network speed, you can use CDN service, the best free one is CloudFlare. I am using this workaround, so far, it is quite good.

This is what I get :

• @sirmbhe Your site loading fast for me. Are you using Crissic + CloudFare?

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited July 2014

@MichaelBui said:
    sirmbhe Your site loading fast for me. Are you using Crissic + CloudFare?

Yes I am,

Another good option are bandwagon host you mention earlier, haha. I forget about that another great provider, i have 2 VPS with them, the uptime and performance also very good. Very minimal of downtime actually.

• Thanks @sirmbhe for the information. I didn't expect that speed from your site. It may change my mind to save some bucks. Bandwagon may be a good option as they are using SSD. Can you please help me to find the provider you forgot?

@simplercloud Beside Ubuntu x86 and x64, do you have Ubuntu 14.04 x64 Minimal? Or do I have to upload my own ISO files?

• For LET top provider you can read it here : http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2014-q2-the-results/

I personally use number 1,5,7,8 and happy them all haha

• @sirmbhe said:

>

Just wait until we add in our west coast location with same prices ;)

Thanked by 2walker sirmbhe
  • yywudiyywudi Member

@SkylarM said:
    Just wait until we add in our west coast location with same prices ;)

oh you plan to extend to west coast location? sounds great, any detailed info? time/location?