Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xen or KVM in western Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xen or KVM in western Europe

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I'm in Denmark with a crap Internet connection, thinking about the options for world domination and it takes five tries to open lowendtalk front page I need some help until I get back home.

I'm thinking of getting a Xen or KVM somewhere in the western parts of Europe.
Specs:
2 GB Ram
~ 50-100 GB disk
1 IPv4
/64 ipv6 (less is also fine)
2-4 shared CPU

Budget: money is not that important, more important is that I feel comfortable with the provider.
I can pay yearly, no problem.

If the provider offers internal cPanel/Softaculous licenses it's a plus. (Mainly because it's often cheaper then buycpanel in those cases).

Suggestions?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2014

If you just need it for your own use for net access etc while you are there I am happy to give you a NL VPS of your choice, no cost.

edit: Ah I see you are planning other things if you need it for a year.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I will not be the only one using it. :)
    Already considering the UK version with you.

Small update:
    Looks like there are not that many xen/vmware/kvm providers that people here wpuld suggest.

Got two offers via PM. Will take the weekend to look at the options.

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

We have several Xen plans, but our servers located in Central-Europe.

@charlie said:
    We have several Xen plans, but our servers located in Central-Europe.

Where?

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited August 2014

@MikHo said:
    Where?

His sig states it's Hungary. By the way with crap internet connection I'd recommend Ziproxy running on a server :)

I can recommend Onepoundwebhosting as a provider if you're rather in the north (they are located in the south of great britain)
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/32131/various-uk-xen-offers-from-onepoundwebhosting-from-12-year

Thanked by 1onepound
    edited August 2014

@chrisp said:

His sig states it's Hungary.

Thanks, I only browse LET with the mobile theme so I never see the signatures. :)

The thread linked didn't have any 2GB offers so I took a look at the website. £28/m.

Added to the list.

• MikHo said: The thread linked >didn't have any 2GB offers so I took a look at the website. £28/m.

>

Added to the list.

Thanks @chrisp @MikHo, all my current discounts are listed on this site http://xen-servers.com/ which also includes a 25% coupon for normal website plans.