Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unmetered for Tor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unmetered for Tor

RaymiiRaymii Member
edited July 2014 in Requests

Unmetered 10/100M for use as tor RELAY. Not exit.

Location, preferably EU, doesn't matter
Specs, 256MB ram, rest doesn't matter
Price: your best offer

Comments

• wychwych Member

Do you need IPv4 or would v6/v4 NAT work?

• gehaxeltgehaxelt Member
    edited July 2014

I'm interested in that kind of deals, too.

• i still dont get it with the obsession with getting vps for relays - do you have to use your own to hide hidden services behind?

• @texteditor said:
    i still dont get it with the obsession with getting vps for relays - do you have to use your own to hide hidden services behind?

Not to run hiddenservices, what - obviously - is a bad idea due to the shared / uncontrolled memory. However, I'd like to support the TOR network with some bandwidth.

• @texteditor said:
    i still dont get it with the obsession with getting vps for relays - do you have to use your own to hide hidden services behind?

"They" are "supporting" "free speech".

• OVH VPS :)

• DylanDylan Member
    edited July 2014

SeFlow's Cloud One is in Italy and ridiculously cheap for unmetered + two-datacenter HA:

http://www.domflow.it/oneplans.php

They don't mention TOR in their AUP so I'm guessing it's OK, though I'd personally ask first.

Thanked by 1gehaxelt
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited July 2014

@gehaxelt said: As far as I know OVH forbids TOR in general? I think it's something like open-proxies or anonymizers in their ToS

OP says relay not exit, so should be OK...

• @linuxthefish said:
    OVH VPS :)

As far as I know OVH forbids TOR in general? I think it's something like open-proxies or anonymizers in their ToS

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@wych said:
    Do you need IPv4 or would v6/v4 NAT work?

I do need one IPv4.

@texteditor said:

Just as with a knife, 99% of the people use it to Cook or to eat, some lunatics use it to kill.

There are a number of "countries" where access to the net is restricted and tor helps with that. Fuck all the pedo's and drug dealers, if you are a reporter or just some lad/gal in Iran/China/Birma (examples) or someone with important information in a western country you should be able to use the net without restrictions or be worried that the state/people with other religion/ideas do bad things to you.

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@gehaxelt said:
    OVH

OVH indeed does not allow it, I've called them about it, they Are slow with emails...

• MunMun Member

Somewhere I was reading an article that using TOR puts you under extended surveillance by the NSA.

• ChuckChuck Member

@Mun said:
    Somewhere I was reading an article that using TOR puts you under extended surveillance by the NSA.

The NSA doesn't care about TOR users. They are only interested in naked girls.

http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden-guardian-interview-on-naked-photos-2014-7

• RaymiiRaymii Member

Any providers willing to make an offer? I've sent a message to domflow, not received a response yet.

You don't want to much nodes on the same network.

• Mun said: TOR puts you under extended surveillance by the NSA.

i'm pretty sure breathing puts you under extended surveillance by the NSA

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @ihatetonyy said:
    i'm pretty sure breathing puts you under extended surveillance by the NSA

Quick, respirators on!

• ZEROFZEROF Member

Hi,

You don't need VPS for that dear friends. Grab one BeagleBone Black and set that in your home like me. There is no ISP that will block you in Europe and USA, and i will explain you how. You need to set some rules and traffic that you want to allow.

I run one exit/relay from my home and this week i got thanks mail from Tor community. All what you need to know is how to set exit rules and block some abuse on your network.

If anybody want same configuration for their home, i can make that for you but i need to check how much that can coast, because i didn't think about that before, it was just my home project.

I will show my findings next month on BalCCon conference and I hope that more people will join the cause.

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@zerof what is your exit policy?

I do have a pi running on my home fiber.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2014

@Dylan there are nice, but got enough relays on their network already.

@ZEROF @Raymii running any kind of exit from your home is a bad idea. If you got fiber, a relay is ok. Anyway, for high bandwidth+CPU usage, a dedicated server or at least a powerful VPS are required.

@Raymii Suggestion (but do your own research for more providers): https://infiumhost.com/en/vds-vps.html

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited July 2014

@Raymii Pi will do the thing. I will send you mail with my config file. Testing doing just fine with this settings, but i need more time to see if some ports need to be removed from my rules, but for now i will stay with them.

@Nyr it's not about how much traffic you give it's how many people are ready to join and share. And if you support only TOR for IRC communication you helped already, and for that point you don't need server or vps, BeagleBone or Pi as server will do the job. I have spend a lot of time learning about TOR and how system works and i can say you that only we, normal, basic users with love for our privacy and not hacking or destroying people lives, we can do something big.

My BBB node have this flags:

@ZEROF I don't know how your exit policy is going to protect you from getting raided when some pedo ends up using your exit.

And I say this as a long time Tor relay and exit administrator, even before Tor was mainstream and well known. Tor does get abused and you need to pay bear with it.

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited July 2014

@Nyr I like you man, just ..

I know that you like to have last word but this is not case. Set one exit and you will understand. From all of your online posting you sound like somebody who have try every point of IT in his life and I'm sure that you know that is not possible.

You did some nice job in the paste, you even helped me few times, but don't act as 'i know all' dude, all over the place called Internet. Stay cool.

And to finish this you-me talk on this topic, when you set exit rules, people can't use your node for surfing Internet pages, just for communication you have allowed. As one TOR administrator (new internet function i guess) you should know this.

For best of this place, let's stay on topic, send me PM and I will be happy to answer you.

Have a nice day.

@Raymii here you can find list with "few" providers: https://www.torservers.net/partners.html

Thanked by 1infected
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2014

ZEROF said: Set one exit and you will understand

Exit at home gets you raided. 100%. Just a matter of time.

What you listed is NOT a list of providers either, it's a list of Torservers.net partners - Torservers itself rents from Voxility and Nforce.

@ZEROF I don't have anything personal against you nor anyone on this forum, just wanted to point out bad advice which could mean serious problems for the OP.