Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need your comments about my logo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need your comments about my logo

2»

Comments

• Have you considered changing the double O to an infinity sign ? That would make it a bit more fancy :)

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2014

@MichaelBui The second one (same rules for each letter), anyhow it's pretty unreadable, and unmemorable.

• @iClickAndHost I have thought about turning the double O to infinity sign, a chance node, a binocular, eyes,... but I decided to go with gap lines because I prefer simplicity and this looks consistent

@Janeveski You didn't know it is XOOSU when you look at it?

• Agreed. Fix the U to look like a U instead of a J.

• ReeRee Member

Personally, I don't like the segments. So if there were no segments, I'd vote for #2. If there need to be segments, then #6 (or #9 -- is there a difference?) modified to have the spacing between the S and U like #2 would be my vote.

Also, I don't know how you pronounce XOOSU, but in my head it sounds exactly the same as the slang word some people use for suckies/soothers/pacifiers. Not sure I'd want my brand associated with "sucky" :)

• Personally, I think for such a strange "word" the added distraction of the cut out space isn't doing the logo any favours. To each their own, of course, but I'd much rather see something clear and unadorned. E.g.

xoosu

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited July 2014

@salathe said:
    Personally, I think for such a strange "word" the added distraction of the cut out space isn't doing the logo any favours. To each their own, of course, but I'd much rather see something clear and unadorned. E.g.

xoosu

So much better. This brandname is already gone to shit btw, because it has been mentioned more than once in this thread. Just a question to OP, what is it going to be used for, so we could design a more tailored logo and/or examples.

• ztecztec Member

They all suck. I'm honest.

Thanked by 2Floris chrisp
  • souensouen Member

Floris said: Just a question to OP, what is it going to be used for, so we could design a more tailored logo and/or examples.

"General purposes" like "mail, search, wallet, social network"
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31223/choosing-a-brand-name/p1

I've tried to suggest the same thing (think about identity/purposes and tailor brand to them) but OP seems to like generic. Oh well, good luck to OP's venture.

• @salathe Is that font name 'Quicksand'? I looks nice but I'm thinking if it's good to make the double O something fancy (infinity sign, focus points,...)?

@all I am not creating these products: "mail, search, wallet, social network". I listed them just for examples of "general purposes" so that people won't focus on any specific things.

• @Ree It hasn't to be segmented. I have tried without segments but it looks worse than the above :(

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2014

@salathe said:
    Personally, I think for such a strange "word" the added distraction of the cut out space isn't doing the logo any favours. To each their own, of course, but I'd much rather see something clear and unadorned. E.g.

xoosu

This and @iclickandhost's suggestion to have infinity sign instead of OO might be nice.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Yahoo can't pull it off and their name at least makes sense! But their phone system is annoying it's like YAHOOOOO! when you call.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2014

I like the look and feel of what NodeKid made, but it's still a bit hard to read. You don't want your customers to have difficulty understanding what your company name is. Your logo should be readable/recognizable at a quick glance.

• @shovenose said:
    Yahoo can't pull it off and their name at least makes sense! But their phone system is annoying it's like YAHOOOOO! when you call.

I always though it was like Yar-who

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited July 2014

@MichaelBui said:
    all I am not creating these products: "mail, search, wallet, social network". I listed them just for examples of "general purposes" so that people won't focus on any specific things.

Look, either tell us what you're going to do so we can be creative, or choose a brand name with a meaning, otherwise, no-one is going to be able to help you properly.

And if you come with the argument but google.... Just NO.

Googol is the mathematical term for a 1 followed by 100 zeros. The term was coined by Milton Sirotta, nephew of American mathematician Edward Kasner, and was popularized in the book, “Mathematics and the Imagination” by Kasner and James Newman. Google’s play on the term reflects the company’s mission to organize the immense amount of information available on the web.”
    Thanked by 2Dylan souen
  • PeroniPeroni Member

There is no option, "None - All look like shit"

• It's a brand.

• emgemg Veteran

@MichaelBui said:

emg I have made some more changes as your suggestion. How do you feel?

I like 6 and 9, which match my suggestion, but I can't tell the difference between them.

I would make the "U" in 6 and 9 to be skinnier to match the neighboring "S".

How do you pronounce "XOOSU"? What does it mean?