Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam)

Comments

• Alright. Some question here:

Why does Debian need 25GB?
    No IPv6?
    Only NAT IPv4.

• colacola Member

I lost half a hour to make it work but i didn't.. that platform pissed me off really bad. 55 cents lost.. :)

• I will cancel this crap. Wasted hours. Debian needs 25GB What kind of shit is that?

• @Chuck

I canceled mine a while ago, I posted a ticket to support and they auto responded and closed the ticket - and I cant reply to it, forget that..............

• @Stevie said:
    Chuck

I canceled mine a while ago, I posted a ticket to support and they auto responded and closed the ticket - and I cant reply to it, forget that..............

What do you mean "they auto responded and closed the ticket"?
    Did they cancel your account?

• They even stole our website :)

• @dediserve said:
    They even stole our website :)

The source looks very different

• @cassa said:
    The source looks very different

The CSS and even chunks of the copy don't :)

• I have created a vm, but the eth0 can't get ip by dhcp, I don't know why can't get ip by dhcp, but my friend's vm can get ip by dhcp, perhaps because error mac address information caused this? even I've also tried manually set the ip, but still can't ping the gateway, the firewall have already set correctly...

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2014

I see many people have trouble to get the IP pingable. Create individual port forwards first, and then allow the system a few minutes to set that. Then try SSH / RDP the public IP assigned to your VM. Once this is working then create a inbound firewall rule. This was the workaround that worked for me when i faced similar issue. Hope this helps.

For those who cancels, they have a crazy 31 day notice, which makes you pay atleast 1 month ahead to cancel, and you need to call them i suppose? This was discussed in the old fortatrust thread, not sure how much of that scum is still there.

• I am attaching a screenshot taken via RDP to show the port speed (10Mbit) and uptime of the server assigned to me.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Seems nice for $0.50 recurrent

• I dont want to have another intronetserver encounter, ill let this pass.

• Hasn't anyone taught y'all if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is? Even @CVPS_Chris doesn't offer a vps for $.55 or whatever they are charging.

• Job failed due to exception Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|i-297-4495-VM]

• 31 day notice to cancel? Wtf?

• Thanked by 1HBAndrei
  • www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1202073

• @jeffreywinters said:
    Words of warning

Fortacloud = Fortatrust = Serverpronto

= Scam

Review: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1085280

• Problem is the 10GB HD, the poorly to run something.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited August 2014

You must provide your cancellation notice 31 days prior to the renewal of your next term.

Why the f do I have to pay in full for another month to cancel the service. These crooks should be sued.

• FYI - I got the following as a ticket response:

"This is just a one time payment, We are checking the ISO issue now." (I asked about the recurring payment and why Debian needs 25 GB HDD)

Let´s see what will happen... ;-)

• I don't have any internet connection. Neither inside the VPS nor outside of it, I even added firewall rules to allow every port (UDP/TCP from 0.0.0.0/0) inbound and outbound. Weird.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited August 2014

^^ Thanks. I'm planning to call them tomorrow morning to cancel. Will wait for their answer about this one time payment.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited August 2014

@smarty24 said:
    FYI - I got the following as a ticket response:

"This is just a one time payment"

they have given me the same answer on the last month :p

• @hotsnow said:
    they have given me the same answer on the last month :p

Just one time payment each month...
    /jk

• @IceCream said:
    I don't have any internet connection. Neither inside the VPS nor outside of it, I even added firewall rules to allow every port (UDP/TCP from 0.0.0.0/0) inbound and outbound. Weird.

Before you create a inbound firewall rule, create a portfoward, wait for a few minutes, test it. now ur ip will ping

Thanked by 1IceCream
  • Why anyone would use such a blatantly dodgy company with such a poor reputation is impressive :)

• Ask them why they couldn't give a IPv6? Lol.

• @upfreak said:
    Before you create a inbound firewall rule, create a portfoward, wait for a few minutes, test it. now ur ip will ping

Do you also have no internet connection inside the VM? I can't ping anything. Is that the right eth0 setup? http://prntscr.com/4aee0e