Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

simfs crippled? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

simfs crippled?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2012

@Francisco said: As far as I know Aldryic hasn't enforced the TOR policy on any of the users that run TOR on our network because they keep it clean or, more likely, heavily firewalled.

So here goes to the dogs another of his theories, the one that ppl put up exit nodes by mistake or because they cant read English. I asked if I can, he said no, someone else asked, he still said no but he claims the contrary. I would like to see some examples in your IP space.
    M

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@prometeus said: You (and I think Frantech) had your opinions fierce standing on it (and this is/was fine), changing your tos/mind (without changing opinion) was a joke :-)

Our stance on TOR has never been if we agree or disagree with what the platform might be used for. Our whole issue with TOR has always been the administrative headache it can be without SWIP entries.

Francisco

• @Maounique said: I can prove that is a lie unless they reword it like "we allow SOME ppl".

Prove it, son. You don't have access to our tickets, and have no idea what I may have told people.

@Maounique said: I can't prove they reject everyone, anything

Fixed that for ya.

@Francisco said: As far as I know Aldryic hasn't enforced the TOR policy on any of the users that run TOR on our network because they keep it clean or, more likely, heavily firewalled.

100% correct.

• @Maounique said: I asked if I can, he said no, someone else asked, he still said no.

I love how you quote circumstance that took place before the new AUP went into effect. Quit wasting our time, boy, we don't care about your hurt feelings.

@Maounique said: . I asked if I can,

Go right ahead, but have a SWIP in place so we don't have nearly as much crap flooding our admin@ email. Is that too hard?

Why should we have to deal with the 100's of DMCA's you're going to bring in if you're paying all of $5? We're all for free speech and the likes but we only have Aldryic handling admin@. The only time I'll access admin@ is if I need to talk to ARIN.

Francisco

And when did the new AUP come into effect ?
    M

• @Aldryic said: Why's that? :P

Its hard to explain

@Maounique said: And when did the new AUP come into effect ?

M

We changed the TOS policy many months ago when I came up with a reasonable solution to it all, the SWIP entries. Hell, I think we put it in before your last ban went into place?

Francisco

• @Maounique said: And when did the new AUP come into effect ?

After pretty much everything you've misquoted us on. There was even an LET thread about it, where you still ran around crying like a child.

@Francisco said: Go right ahead, but have a SWIP in place so we don't have nearly as much crap flooding our admin@ email. Is that too hard?

Why should we have to deal with the 100's of DMCA's you're going to bring in if you're paying all of $5? We're all for free speech and the likes but we only have Aldryic handling admin@. The only time I'll access admin@ is if I need to talk to ARIN.

You cant possibly say that again, unless you havent read anything. Non-exit nodes generate 0 complaints. They can be checked as non-exit nodes without breaking anonimity, but they do use the BW, as such are forbidden without extra tax for using what was already payd for. That is what I am proving, thanks for helping me again.
    M

• @Francisco said: Hell, I think we put it in before your last ban went into place?

We did. He wasn't able to talk trash about us concerning TOR anymore, so that's when he flipped over to his bandwidth BS. It's a pretty predictable pattern.. he tells some lies, gets proven wrong, immediately tries to jump to a new topic to lie about.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic said: It's a pretty predictable pattern.. he tells some lies, gets proven wrong, immediately tries to jump to a new topic to lie about.

@Maounique said: They can be checked as non-exit nodes without breaking anonimity, but they do use the BW, as such are forbidden without extra tax for using what was already payd for.

Called it.

edited June 2012

@Jack said: A few months back look at Aldryic's recent topics created.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1910/stock-ddos-protection-tosaup-adjustments/p1

Edited March 27
    Aldryc told me this, in a support ticket:

As there is no solid way to determine what type of TOR service without breaching client privacy, middle-nodes do fall under the TOR policy. The TOS/AUP will always take precedent over anything Francisco or myself will say in the case of any confusion.

That is an email I got 4 days after the change, so how come this happened before ther change, Mr. Francisco ?
    Aldryic, you should ask mods to delete accounts when ppl are banned, so the proofs get lost.
    M

@Maounique said: That is what I am proving, thanks for helping me again.

You haven't proven anything though.

We have a user that was just in our IRC last night that chewed 3 TB in 4 days because he had some file mirror up there. He already asked if he can buy large blocks of BW and if there was discounts.

By all means, if you have an easy way for Aldryic to identify non's from actuals (and no, having to manually look over a site isn't very friendly) then by all means we'll clarify the policy.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: By all means, if you have an easy way for Aldryic to identify non's from actuals (and no, having to manually look over a site isn't very friendly) then by all means we'll clarify the policy.

No need boss. I've already got a script in place that does so for us; the AUP was left like it is for exactly the reason I stated: if ALL TOR services have to apply for a SWIP, then there's zero confusion over who needs one. If we decide they need a SWIP, the process continues. If it's not required, we inform them of such and tell them to enjoy. To date, about 8 people have applied to see if they need SWIP, and I've told every one of them it wouldn't be necessary.

The only issue here is that @Maounique insists on continuing his lies in a pathetic attempt to rub mud on us simply because the truth that TOR is sometimes used by pedophiles hurts his feelings.

edited June 2012

@Francisco said: By all means, if you have an easy way for Aldryic to identify non's from actuals (and no, having to manually look over a site isn't very friendly) then by all means we'll clarify the policy.

Jesus Christ, how many times I have to post the same links ? This after you said you forwarded them to him and he knows perfectly well...
    Anyway, here I go again for the 10th time at least:

https://www.dan.me.uk/dnsbl

This time I keep it short. Does that satisfy you ?
    M
    P.S.

@Aldryic said: To date, about 8 people have applied to see if they need SWIP, and I've told every one of them it wouldn't be necessary.

Spewing the same blatant lies when I already proved you rejected at least ONE other person besides me is simply unbelievable.

• @Maounique said: This time I keep it short. Does that satisfy you ?

You could never hope to satisfy us, boy :P

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Maounique said: Jesus Christ, how many times I have to post the same links ?

As many times as it takes for you to get a clue, so endless.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2012

@Maounique said: Spewing the same blatant lies when I already proved you rejected at least ONE other person besides me is simply unbelievable.

When did you actually prove something? I don't think you know what "to prove" means or what an actual proof is.

• @Jack said: @Aldryic , 209.141.56.178 is a TOR Node but isn't SWIPED is that okay or ?

It doesn't show to be an exit node, so yes :P

edited June 2012

@Jack said: @Aldryic , 209.141.56.178 is a TOR Node but isn't SWIPED is that okay or ?

Isnt the only one, however, this does prove his point that he allowed SOME ppl. Unless he didnt know.
    Looking at the BW those use, 5 K, it does look like BuyVM. That is the main reason why 5 dollars more for an already anemic BW is not worth it. How can that use 500 GB in a month is beyond me.

M

• @Aldryic said: It's a pretty predictable pattern.. he tells some lies, gets proven wrong, immediately tries to jump to a new topic to lie about.

@Maounique said: Isnt the only one, however, this does prove his point that he allowed SOME ppl. Unless he didnt know.

Looking at the BW those use, 5 K, it does look like BuyVM. That is the main reason why 5 dollars more for an already anemic BW is not worth it. How can that use 500 GB in a month is beyond me.

So predictable :3

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited June 2012

I just have to jump in here, to an "old" topic from this - there is sort of an equation to see how much you can oversell, once you have a good client base already. That is, you can look at the average disk usage, add in some "buffer" for changes in the average, and you'll see about how much you can oversell of each resource. Is it foolproof? No, of course not. But it'll give you a pretty good idea that'll work 99% of the time. And with things like disk or monthly transfer, you can always just add more when you hit a certain threshold, say 80%.

edited June 2012

This is exactly what they feared, look at high quality BW BuyVM style. So, ppl it is not only you, it is not a glitch, it is not some switch.
    Look here:
    http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=20d04785680e2e03d206fc241fc49b8588c24d3a
    The cat is finally and irreversibly out of the bag, they do oversell BW so badly that the customers suffer dearly, if that is BW that can sustain 500 GB traffic while going on 24/7 in a month, then how much can use the average Joe which has traffic only now and then ?
    M
    P.S. I smell some banning coming "at the general request of the public", one shouldnt prove BuyVM sells **** BW.

• It's amusing how many times this has been made clear to you, but you're either too ignorant to comprehend (is your language translator failing you?), or you persist in base lies just because you have no valid points.

@Corey said: I don't get how you state that you do not sell guaranteed bandwidth but you do.

@Aldryic said: Because that 128KVM isn't guaranteed to use all 500GB, period. Unless the user is going to sit there and repeatedly hammer cachefly files, you cannot guarantee transit outside your network, period. But what I can guarantee is that once that VPS reaches 500GB, it will be shut down until the counter resets, or an addon is applied.

Let me say that one more time, just to make sure you understand. We do not guarantee that the VPS will use all 500GB. We CLEARLY state that 500GB is the limit for that plan (as opposed to burying it as a TOS clause, etc).

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited June 2012

@Jack said: While we're on the topic of Tor does Edis allow it?

-

TOR: relaying allowed / exit nodes are forbidden in all locations[1]

edited June 2012

@Aldryic said: Because that 128KVM isn't guaranteed to use all 500GB, period. Unless the user is going to sit there and repeatedly hammer cachefly files, you cannot guarantee transit outside your network, period. But what I can guarantee is that once that VPS reaches 500GB, it will be shut down until the counter resets, or an addon is applied.

That is utter BS. Whenever I used some provider for VPS I ALWAYS used the BW unless I specifically set the limit lower. ALWAYS, ALL PROVIDERS, "unlimited" plans excluded, of course. And ALWAYS more than 500 GB, that is below my treshold.
    5 K ????? And you have the guts to come here and defend your position ? You have some serious nerve or you really believe everyone here is stupid.
    M

• @Maounique said: You have some serious nerve

Yes, I do. They call me Pony for a reason.

@Maounique said: or you really believe everyone here is stupid.

Nope, just you. Participating in an English-language forum when you clearly lack the ability of basic comprehension of what's posted.

• @Aldryic said: They call me Pony for a reason.

Is it
    image ?

@Maounique said: hat is utter BS. Whenever I used some provider for VPS I ALWAYS used the BW unless I specifically set the limit lower. ALWAYS, ALL PROVIDERS, "unlimited" plans excluded, of course.

5 K ????? And you have the guts to come here and defend your position ? You have some serious nerve or you really believe everyone here is stupid.
    M

Doesn't TOR allow users to rate limit themselves anyways?

FYI I've asked pony to amend the TOS to explain non exits. Which version of the TOS were you following? I'm figuring you're reading the one on frantech.ca and not my.frantech.ca. I'm ripping down the frantech site sometime this weekend since it has outdated versions of everything.

The policy will clarify to something like:

• Customers must let us know they wish to run TOR and how they plan to run it
    • non-exits (relays I guess?) don't require a SWIP
    • exits require a SWIP or an amendment to a users account allowing otherwise (up to @Aldryic and the client to work out)
    • users that run an exit w/o permission will have their VM suspended until they address things

Francisco