Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backupsy's new offering: IaaS r1soft backup(Idera server backup)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Backupsy's new offering: IaaS r1soft backup(Idera server backup)

http://r1softstorage.com/

Email announce:

We're emailing you today to announce our new service offering, R1SoftStorage - http://r1softstorage.com which provides complete backup functionality as a service, perfect for anyone who does not wish to manage and maintain a whole server for their backup needs.

We utilize the R1Soft/Idera software to provide a complete suite of backup functionality. Visit our website to read about the features Idera can offer you to simplify your backup operations.

The Idera Server Backup Manager combined with service offered by R1SoftStorage is fast, affordable, and most importantly built on a proven technology with multi-platform (Linux and Windows) support and the ability to scale all the way from a single server to over a thousand. Data recovery is simple, secure, and speedy utilizing Backupsy's new 10Gbit network.

Restoration of data is fast and flexible, utilizing the Idera web interface we provide you with you can restore data within minutes. When disaster really strikes, a complete server can be recovered using the Bare Metal Restore feature - keeping downtime and data loss to a minimum.

With the ability to replicate server data every 15 minutes, you can enjoy the highest level of data protection without requiring costly disk and network infrastructure.

Signing up with R1SoftStorage is straightforward, navigate to our website, choose the storage space and amount of servers/virtual servers you want to backup (Agent Licenses) and proceed with your order. Within a matter of minutes you can have a complete backup solution at your fingertips and sleep easy knowing your data is safe.

Pricing structure is simple. $4/month per 100GB space and $4/month per agent license with the first license included!

What makes this even more of a sweet deal is that the bandwidth is completely unmetered. So you won't have to worry about your bandwidth overage bills.

Tutorials are provided to you when signing up with R1SoftStorage to help you get started, and Official R1Soft Idera videos are available for viewing on our website.

If you do not have the time to set up your own R1Soft/Idera backups, we can complete this for you for a one-time fee of $25. We will cover the complete installation of the backup agent on your remote server, and set up a backup policy to backup up on the interval that you specify.

If you still want to manage your own server, we also offer individual R1Soft/Idera licenses. R1SoftStorage provides the World's cheapest R1Soft/Idera licenses available as well as offering great volume discounts. Only $4.95/month and goes down to $2.95/month per license.

If you're too busy to manage your own dedicated backup server or don't have the budget to set up a complete infrastructure, what are you waiting for? R1SoftStorage is here to help, with great prices and fantastic service - data protection and disaster recovery plans are no longer something you need to dedicate a big budget and a lot of time to.

Thanked by 2muj bersy

Comments

• You guys are fast!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @serverian Any plans for this in the UK?

• @Jono20201 said:
    serverian Any plans for this in the UK?

We'll do Netherlands (nForce's 10Gbit network) in a few weeks. No plans for UK at the moment. However, UK -> NL should get you good speeds.

• CoryCory Member

Signed up and have it running already. So far so good. Already completed a backup of one of my production servers. Be sure to follow the simple install directions at the bottom of the welcome email. Trying to follow Indera's stuff from the control panel gets you nowhere but the land of frustration.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • We'll take 400Gb in NL, had a customer asking today

Thanked by 1eric1212
  • whmsyswhmsys Member

serverian said: We'll do Netherlands (nForce's 10Gbit network) in a few weeks

Is this work in openvz server (cPanel) ?

• LeeLee Veteran

@whmsys said:

No it won't work with openvz as it needs it's own kernel. They have reportedly been going to release an OVZ compatible plugin but it does not seem to be getting an updates.

• @serverian Out of interest, how forthcoming were Idera about letting you use their names and branding? Assuming you are affiliated with them in some way.

• @salathe said:
    serverian Out of interest, how forthcoming were Idera about letting you use their names and branding? Assuming you are affiliated with them in some way.

They are fine with it :)

Thanked by 1guitarfire
  • @serverian said:

I'm sure their reply was, "For you my dear, anything…" Good luck with the service. :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@serverian said:

Four wifes and a Mercedes later....... ;)

Thanked by 2serverian TriDoxiuM
  • I don't know much about R1Soft backup, but I take it that the $4 is per server, although different servers can be backed up to the 100GB offered.

Is recovering the image to a new server a matter of start with a custom iso and retrieving an image from one of your backups?

• @rchurch said:
    I don't know much about R1Soft backup, but I take it that the $4 is per server, although different servers can be backed up to the 100GB offered.

Is recovering the image to a new server a matter of start with a custom iso and retrieving an image from one of your backups?

Yes, it has a few different methods to do it: http://wiki.r1soft.com/display/ServerBackup/Perform+a+bare-metal+restore

Pricing structure is simple:

$4 per each 100GB space.
    $4 per each server you want to backup (first one is included)

• ReeRee Member

@serverian said:
    Pricing structure is simple:

>

$4 per each 100GB space.
    $4 per each server you want to backup (first one is included)

Simple, but not simple enough because I'm still confused :)

It's clear that $4 gets me 100GB of space to back up 1 server.

But say I want a second server backed up, which is also clear that I need to pay $4 extra for.

But does that $4 extra for the second server mean I'm backing up 2 servers to the original 100GB of space, or is it now 2 servers to 200GB space?

• @Ree said:

To backup 2 servers into 100GB space, you need to purchase one additional license. So it'll be $8/month

• serverian said: To backup 2 servers into 100GB space, you need to purchase one additional license. So it'll be $8/month

But to backup two servers into two 100GB spaces (200GB worth in two spaces) it would be $8 as well?

• @Silvenga said:
    But to backup two servers into two 100GB spaces (200GB worth in two spaces) it would be $8 as well?

To backup 2 servers in 200GB:

• You purchase 200GB space: $8/month
    • You purchase an additional license: $4/month

Total: $12/month

Thanked by 1Silvenga

I think he ment that for $8 he can get two accounts. Each account has one agent and 100gb.

Adding additional storage and agents to ONE account would actually be more expensive.
    Unless there is a rule/policy to only allow one product per person?

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • serverianserverian Member
    edited July 2014

@MikHo said:
    I think he ment that for $8 he can get two accounts. Each account has one agent and 100gb.

Adding additional storage and agents to ONE account would actually be more expensive.
    Unless there is a rule/policy to only allow one product per person?

Yes, if you purchase 2 x 100GB, you'll get them for $8/month total. That would give you 2 free licenses.

My bad.

Thanked by 1Silvenga

@serverian said:
    My bad.

Nah. You are not bad, not just good enough. :)
    Love your products anyway.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • Unfortunately they have already discontinued selling the product as they said it didnt scale well enough. LOL. Anyone that has worked with r1soft already knows this quite well. The price for just the licenses is pretty good though.

• garconcngarconcn Member
    edited January 2015

@MACscr said:
    Unfortunately they have already discontinued selling the product as they said it didnt scale well enough. LOL. Anyone that has worked with r1soft already knows this quite well. The price for just the licenses is pretty good though.

You mean r1softstorage.com discontinued selling backup service? I just saw their site today and took a look at their service, it looks interesting. I was wondering how they can overcome the slowness if they have many backup servers. I was struggling with the r1soft performance in the past whole year. Today, I finally make the backup server disk run faster after tuning the Linux IO scheduler.

• @garconcn said:
    You mean r1softstorage.com discontinued selling backup service? I just saw their site today and took a look at their service, it looks interesting. I was wondering how they can overcome the slowness if they have many backup servers. I was struggling with the r1soft performance in the past whole year. Today, I finally make the backup server disk run faster after tuning the Linux IO scheduler.

Yup they discontinued it, I sent them a ticket last week asking when they would have more in stock and I was told they would no longer be offering it (I think you can still buy the licenses from them though).

• @nleibert said:
    Yup they discontinued it, I sent them a ticket last week asking when they would have more in stock and I was told they would no longer be offering it (I think you can still buy the licenses from them though).

I was so looking forward to use their service :( :( :(

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

Thats a shame, if you need a place to store your stuff check us out! Only £0.01/gb BIGvps.io