Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Were is Chris from ChicagoVPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Were is Chris from ChicagoVPS?

2»

Comments

• @Clancoms
    So, for the record, CVPS has (from what I've experienced) speedy support. My tickets are answered at most 3 hours from creation.

And just a quick question, but if you run a hosting company that hosts VPSes, colo, and dedicated, why are you buying from CVPS? For that matter, how come you don't know backups?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Clancoms said:
    30 hours in now

new ticket responce

Well, I am assigning your ticket to senior administrator.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

I can't understand why you hosted a billing system on a openvz server but you even decided to go with cvps...

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • trewq said: I can't understand why you hosted a billing system on a openvz server but you even decided to go with cvps...

Needs to be reemphasized.

If you're hosting BILLING related... spend the $50 to get a dedicated server you can at least IPMI / KVM to.

@doughmanes said:
    If you're hosting BILLING related... spend the $50 to get a dedicated server you can at least IPMI / KVM to.

I was more meaning the privacy implications of having sensitive data in a openvz container. Not saying other methods other than dedicated hardware are more secure.

• trewq said: I was more meaning the privacy implications of having sensitive data in a openvz container.

Just mounted your Xen disk image and stole your billing system data, just as easy bro

@doughmanes said:
    Just mounted your Xen disk image and stole your billing system data, just as easy bro

That's what my second sentence that you didn't quote covered.

• Move to the some good web hosting company who can at least give some reply on as soon as possible basis. Quick Response time is always needed so customer can know about the status whether problem is resolved or work is in progress, is it critical or small issue?

• J1021J1021 Member

black said: So at one point you had no backups and you let Jesus take the wheel. There's a lot of cloud storage services these days, maybe they're worth a try.

Could even had created a separate partition on the drive and move the files over to there.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited July 2014

Clancoms said: all i know is i have lost 3 months worth of client sign ups payments cancellations im screwed and @CVPS_Chris isnt there to slap this moron upside his head.

In his defence, I wouldn't be around either if someone was out to slap me :-D

@Clancoms: screenshots of the ticket or it didn't happen. I find it hard to believe a ticket goes unanswered for over 24 hours unless you keep bumping it to the bottom of the queue every time.

On a side note: there is a case to make that WHMCS' ticket overview is stupid in a way that if you respond, the ticket goes to the bottom of the queue. The initial ticket creation date is usually what you're interested in, not the last reply date.

• @trewq said:
    I can't understand why you hosted a billing system on a openvz server but you even decided to go with cvps...

Summer is here, it is that easy, LOL :)

• ClancomsClancoms Member
    edited July 2014

@zombiekiller753 said:
    Clancoms
    So, for the record, CVPS has (from what I've experienced) speedy support. My tickets are answered at most 3 hours from creation.

And just a quick question, but if you run a hosting company that hosts VPSes, colo, and dedicated, why are you buying from CVPS? For that matter, how come you don't know backups?

we host our main site on a chicagovps KVM server so as not to keep all eggs in 1 basket so to speak.

• akzakz Member

@clancoms I would not have hosted anything important there let alone my main site. Learned the lesson the first time.

• @mpkossen said:
    On a side note: there is a case to make that WHMCS' ticket overview is stupid in a way that if you respond, the ticket goes to the bottom of the queue. The initial ticket creation date is usually what you're interested in, not the last reply date.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but you can change this behaviour in WHMCS (Setup > General Settings > Support tab > Update Last Reply Timestamp).

• This. Heck, I would not even want my personal details with their companies.

@akz said:
    clancoms I would not have hosted anything important there let alone my main site. Learned the lesson the first time.