Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS LA Server Down ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS LA Server Down ?

Well my main site is down on ChicagoVPS LA Server and there not getting to the support tickets in a timely manor.

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2014

I can imagine they have more than one LA server. If you know which is your node, you could share it and then other people with servers with them in LA could tell you if theirs are down too.

• Mine is up. after they stopped solus access, you cant be sure of your node name, just do a trace and see if your node is pingable.

• no it is not pingable and in the billing it shows

http://puu.sh/akvbI/5e1f933678.png

• Aside from their big IP block blacklisting by SpamHaus (see thread http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31279/spamhaus-vs-colocrossing-caught-in-the-crossfire-what-to-do), my LA box has been up with no issues.

• it seems my isp used that blacklist and i cant connect my websites :/

anybody know if cc is in a seek for a solution ? if not i should move my websites...

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2014

tridinebandim It is unlikely that your isp blocks access thru to a spamhaus list. This list is more to block spam (mail ports).

Maybe you should check if your box is blocking your home ip address because of a firewall. Try login thru java console from CVPS client area and see if your pc's ip is blocked, or use a vpn service to see if there is access to the site from another ip.

Also, use propagation testing services to check if your server is accessible thru the www.

IMO, it is more like an issue from your side than CVPS's side.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • it is looking more like my hard drive is full, so solusvm software shut down the server. so im now stuck waiting on ChicagosVPS support to help me clear out a few backup files to get the server back online but they seam to be taking there sweet time it has been 12 hours now since i opened my support ticket and im no closer to being back online than i was when i opened the ticket.

• opened this support ticket at Monday, July 21st, 2014 (01:44)

@chicagoVPS only responce to the ticket so far was at Monday, July 21st, 2014 (07:38)

and it is now Monday, July 21st, 2014 (13:59)

so as you can see it is 12 hours in now and they are not doing anything to take care of the support ticket i have open.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@Clancoms Support tickets can delay to 48 hours, this is the price you pay when you pay peanuts for the service, itself. Although I have seen cvps support staff answer in 1-2 hours sometimes, it can be long delayed (up to 2 days) in rare cases.

It is unrealistic to expect a quick response from support staff for prices as low as 20$ per year for a yearly 2GB vps (I don't know yours, but this is I thing the mos popular plan from them).

If you search here, though, you can find some small one-man-show providers that are excellent in dealing with clients, they solve their issues fast enough but you always will be in jeopardy (if you don't do a proper search) of dealing with a personal business that one person handles all (billing, deploying, finance, tech etc.) 24/7 , a personal business that may deadpool in any time.

• i pay $15 monthly but if i can get then to get me back up or a copy of last nights backup
    i will just host my site on my servers from here on out because we provide the best support out there for our customers and we are a low priced hosting company as well but our tickets are answered in a very timely manor and never more that 2 hours after opened, we also don't abandon our customers after the ticket is open like these guys are doing.

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited July 2014

@Clancoms is your site down?

• @jvnadr i got it after a few hours. thanks. i tried to do some traceroute, mtr but couldnt get if problem is from provider side or isp side

• the site we host on a @chicagovps server yes

• i have put a temp backup site up. just until chicagovps gets there sh*t together and gets my server back up

• My website still okay (chicagovps LA)

• like i have already stated i believe the hard drive on my vps is full therefor shutting down the server.