Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some review's about prometeus.net VPS provider - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some review's about prometeus.net VPS provider

2»

Comments

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@NodePing said:
    They're always one of our top 'uptime' performers every month. Solid network, solid machines. Recommended.

Who? Prometeus or filemedia?

• W3HostW3Host Member
    edited July 2014

Am I the only one who finds this slightly unprofessional?

On Prometeus' website. Use of the word bastards. The poor grammar I can excuse, but...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

W3Host said: Use of the word bastards.

You will be surprised what can customers say at times...

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • DylanDylan Member

@W3Host said:

Yes.

• tr1cky said: Who? Prometeus or filemedia?

Prometeus. Very solid network.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • They are the best!

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • marrcomarrco Member

go with prometeus/iwstack, they are the best here

• W3HostW3Host Member

@Maounique said:
    You will be surprised what can customers say at times...

Oh yes, I see my fair share of that but a customer saying it and publishing it on ones main site is different. They should hire someone to rewrite their website in perfect English.

• @W3Host, have you ever see a domain name as lowendcrap.com?

• AmitzAmitz Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    W3Host, have you ever see a domain name as lowendcrap.com?

It's lowendgems.com in the meantime... ;)

• I know it's redirected to lowendgems.com, but if we, the old member saw the lowendcrap, I wonder what @W3Host would think about it :)

• W3HostW3Host Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    W3Host, have you ever see a domain name as lowendcrap.com?

I saw it linked from their mainsite... or somewhere. I don't even get it, lol.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, that was a joke about the common opinion here that what is cheap is crap.

• alexhalexh Member

@W3Host said:

On Prometeus' website. Use of the word bastards. The poor grammar I can excuse, but...

LOL. I'm not sure why, but I've seen a few European hosts with articles written like this. It's like they've quoted a pissed off 10 year old.

Thanked by 1W3Host
  • W3HostW3Host Member

@alexh said:
    LOL. I'm not sure why, but I've seen a few European hosts with articles written like this. It's like they've quoted a pissed off 10 year old.

HAHA, very true. I do think that they did write this Q&A themselves though.

• kyakykyaky Member

If they are not one of the best, I don't know who is.

• @heihachi88 said:
    I need NL/DE location.

https://kc.colorhost.de/cart.php?a=add&pid=136&language=English

and use our latest coupon code LET%2014 for a 15% discount..

• FlorisFloris Member

@heihachi88 said:
    I need NL/DE location.

As a NL resident, we used to host a minecraft server there on overzold plans, got no complaints, would recommend it to anyone, superb service, just like you would expect on a $40 a month host.

• I HATE prometeus.net. They are a SCAM!! 5 problems:

1. In their welcome email that they send when you create your account, they will send you the login and password in plain text over email. I don't mean a temporary password, the one you had to choose and type in twice to create (and the app rates your password strength, so it seems it is expecting a real password). It is very uncool to send that information over plain email, and have it also stored in the account's Email History (the website stores all the email communications it send you).

2. They haven't figured out US Dollar billing. There is an option to be billed in EURO or US Dollars and I chose US Dollars. The dollar amount was a bit higher, per current exchange rate, which is expected. When I click proceed, it charged the amount to my credit account in EUROS so my credit card company converted to Dollars, which made the amount EVEN higher than the contracted price (which was of course in dollars). Yet, the app complained that I only paid a portion of the bill, and will not let me log into my system due to delinquency. When I complained, "John" responded I need to create a new account, if I wanted to use their services while they look into the problem.

3. Root password that you designate doesn't work. I have had accounts with OVH and Hetzner and AWS, etc. It is standard procedure to be able to specify the root password or be given a temporary one so you can SSH right away. The root password that I specified did not work. Why might it not work? I looked at the Task History and it is absolutely FILLED WITH ERRORS when initializing the VPS. 15 ERRORS, 8 OKs, just to install CentOS 7... There is no way to change the root password in the panel. So I looked for documentation on how to do this, which brings me to the next point...

4. There is no documentation or user guides. Only thing they have is a Knowledge Base with 87 entries, since whenever they started. VPS 'category' has 3 entries for this Knowledge Base (which were: assign second IP, reinstalling OS, apt-get slow). Doesn't discuss anything about how to change root password, etc. anywhere which I would have thought is an important issue. So I had to create a ticket, which brings to the next point...

5. All of the support that you will ever receive is from "John", the only support ticket handler, who is sort of a jerk. He takes his sweet time and his lack of care in his job makes you wonder if this is a real job. He might be doing it to collect credit card information and passwords.

The site lacks polish. The sites look like they were put together over 2 days. The site also has 'sister' sites like overzold.com and Iperweb. Do legitimate companies have multiple domains for the same business? This is fishy, as it allows them to evade online reviews.

Don't buy from these scammers.

• LeeLee Veteran

crazyjay said: Don't buy from these scammers.

So to get to the real issue, what did you do that they suspended you?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member

They "scam" me since several years now. I cannot complain. :-)