Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode VPS Plan Updates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode VPS Plan Updates

So has anyone had any of their OpenVZ plans updated yet as per announcements.

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/announcements.php?id=263 ?
https://clientarea.ramnode.com/announcements.php?id=366

I get the feeling that it has a very low priority.

Comments

• wychwych Member

Why not just get a new plan and support a host your already using?

• Caveman122Caveman122 Member
    edited July 2014

@wych said:
    Why not just get a new plan and support a host your already using?

Some people might have picked a longer billing cycle (than monthly).

• wychwych Member

@Caveman122 said:

So? I wasnt aware if a host changed their offers that existing clients had to be moved over to them?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

We will be sending out a mass email soon to notify everyone of these changes. We will provide more information in that email. At that point, we will be ready to respond to requests for plan changes.

They said this 10 days ago. Give them some time.

• @wych said:
    So? I wasnt aware if a host changed their offers that existing clients had to be moved over to them?

No they are not obligated to, but understanding and liking the situation are two separate matters. Nonetheless, I would still sympathize with people who paid long term (and quite possibly not using the 42% coupon) and seeing the new better deals.

• wychwych Member

I think @Nyr hit the nail on the head.

@Caveman122 sure, but thats like saying someone who buys anything not on offer then sees an updated price.

• epaslvepaslv Member

wych said: So? I wasnt aware if a host changed their offers that existing clients had to be moved over to them?

If you read the announcements, before commenting, it states that existing clients will be moved to the new plans. I trust RamNode just need some more time.

• @wych said:

Would you not sympathize with that person? That's all I am getting at.

• wychwych Member

@Caveman122 said:
    Would you not sympathize with that person? That's all I am getting at.

Kind of, its the way the world works to be honest. Prices go up and down.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I would expect that upgrades are a lower priority, as working everything out takes time, plus you're still getting the service you paid for; the fact Nick is upgrading everyone is a great gesture on his part.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    you're still getting the service you paid for; the fact Nick is upgrading everyone is a great gesture on his part.

+1

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

There was another thread for this already in case the mods want to merge them. The reasons for the delay have been twofold - first, I've been out of town traveling, so I wanted to make sure I was more available before making mass changes. Second, we needed some more time to solidify some ideas and test some hardware. I wrote the first draft of the mass email that will be going out soon last night. I'd expect it sometime within the next 48 hours.