Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to engage and keep customers for ever?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to engage and keep customers for ever?

Many years ago I signed up for a hosting company and I was really impressed by the marketing technique of the owner. The owner is a good looking white blonde woman. When you signup after about ten days you get an automated email in which she introduces herself and provides a link to her personal facebook profile and invites you to add her to "get to know better".

Although I stopped using the service simply because I didn't need it but I was impressed by her marketing technique. I didn't add her on facebook because back then I didn't have a facebook account but majority of the people are very active on facebook. Suppose a man who actually clicks on the "Add Friend" button. he will most probably become a customer for ever becuase she posts new offers along with other status updates.
With so many web hosting "companies" being created everyday keeping your customers is a challenge.

Because I am a guy so my facebook profile will never be as effective as the profile of that woman.

Now my question is what are some other ways you are using to keep your customers.

Comments

• Profile link?

• said: The owner is a good looking white blonde woman.

Wonder when the rest of the marketing world will try this novel "sell products with pretty white women" technique.

• Always be polite and helpful, even when you know that the client is wrong. Try to solve all their problems, and never answer in style (it is a third party application and we are not familiar with it) as you are a system admin, and you must e familiar with "everything" :)

• I think it will be wrong to share the profile link here. That's why I didn't mention the company name in the OP.

• Wait, you mean it wasn't GoDaddy?

@MarcusLVPSHosting Nailed it.

• wychwych Member

Because I am a guy so my facebook profile will never be as effective as the profile of that woman.

Your not using Facebook right.

• khavkhav Member
    edited July 2014

As a customer i believe there are 3 qualities i look in a provider

1.Quality of service ( Minimum Downtime and quality hardware)

2.Support(Staff should be knowledgeable and know what they are doing + they should be polite )

3.Reasonable pricing

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It is true. The fake blonde woman will always win because "she" has boobs.

The answer is to pretend to be a blonde woman.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Jar said: The answer is to pretend to be a blonde woman.

Which is something that's becoming alarmingly common in LET land.

Thanked by 3netomx jar Pwner
  • GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited July 2014

To keep it simple, don't pull a GVH.

• I'll stick with a provider for years if they are dependable, honest and limit how often they email me their super-deals.

LowEndSpirit has a forum with great technical guides. If you can get a forum going it could help with customer retention.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@badpatrick said:
    LowEndSpirit has a forum with great technical guides. If you can get a forum going it could help with customer retention.

We will soon copy the best topics/threads to a wiki spread out with one instance on each location.

• souensouen Member

Reliable service as advertised, clear policy or TOS, relatively knowledgeable and courteous support. That is all I ask.

Competitive pricing helps but quality of service takes priority.

Marketing campaigns are great to attract new customers, and many people like following everything/everyone on a social networking site, so I guess social networking sites are where internet life happens. As long as the provider presence is not intrusive, e.g. interesting posts and not the same message every few hours, it can be a positive effect. Just to let cuatomers know they are there when needed.

Then there are some current customers like myself who prefer to check different places or don't have much time to be "engaged" regularly (esp. since there are a few communities out there already, like LET). I agree that something like the LES forum or web/IRC chat is another alternative, if the host can spare staff/volunteers to maintain it.

• wychwych Member

Make your customers happy.

• ztecztec Member
    edited July 2014

The best way in this market-segment is to upgrade your customer's VPS after 1/2/3 months for free. They'll never expect it and will feel they're throwing away something valuable when they cancel their service.

You can either advertise this beforehand, like; 128MB RAM for $2,- a month. After 3 months -> 256MB RAM for the same price. This will keep them on for longer.

(The second option boosts the customer's loyalty ( the customer has to be already loyal or idling ).)

Or just really surprise your customers and don't announce this. You might get more social engagement about your company this way.

PM for more.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Focus on your support staff and publish pictures of them at work:

Thanked by 2stallion netomx
  • @jvnadr said:
    Focus on your support staff and publish pictures of them at work: ![]

HAHA!