Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your racks - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Show your racks

2»

Comments

• nabonabo Member
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic said: He's the OP... he posted the first image <_<

Sascha's geiler Bildhost

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited June 2012

Haha. Yeah, I'm not fond of fluorescent lighting <_< I pulled the bulbs a couple years ago and just use a normal tower lamp. Noone's been brave enough to try and come in here to fix them <_<

• Nah, my office is near the middle of the building. Settlement's to one side of me (no door/etc), the vault is on the other side of my back wall, the hallway is on the side of the room where the file cabinet and lamp is, and I was taking the first pic from the printer room where our 6400s are.

On the upside, it's well insulated and my vents are right off one of the AC units, so it stays nice and chilly in here. Plus I can crank my music fairly loud without bothering anyone :P

• DamianDamian Member

@Aldryic said: Plus I can crank my music fairly loud without bothering anyone

Коробейники, Калинка, & Бродяга? :D

• @Aldryic said: That rack's in my office (pic1, pic2),

nice office there.. but (no offense) my first though that was a bathroom.. :D

• @Damian said: Коробейники, Калинка, & Бродяга? :D

Конечно :3

@Mon5t3r said: nice office there.. but (no offense) my first though that was a bathroom.. :D

Haha, yeah, that horrid grey brick makes up most of the building. Ironically, the latrine is all wood-panel <_<

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic said: Конечно :3

ya khochu, chtoby prinyat uchastie takzhe v etom razgovore :(

Servers you want? :)

• PhilNDPhilND Member

Lots of wasted U's there william o_O

• @PhilND said: Lots of wasted U's there william o_O

Ventilation!

• vedranvedran Veteran

They have their own datacenter, they can afford it!

• @PhilND said: Lots of wasted U's there william o_O

Mainly since they were just for test there, now the rack is almost full (when a rack is full it is nearly impossible to pull a HP server out...)

also this:

@vedran said: They have their own datacenter, they can afford it!

We more likely run out of power before we run out of rackspace in a rack.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@William said: We more likely run out of power before we run out of rackspace in a rack.

That's because you're wasting power on cooling by not installing your servers correctly. :P

• @KuJoe said: That's because you're wasting power on cooling by not installing your servers correctly. :P

Cooling runs on a completely different power grid, so this is no issue :P

• RophRoph Member
    edited June 2012

Howcome all these servers have d-subs? I'd expect to see DVI or some other kind of output, but not VGA o_O

Or is it nothing to do with video out, they're just that colour for giggles?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Roph said: Howcome all these servers have d-subs? I'd expect to see DVI or some other kind of output, but not VGA o_O

Or is it nothing to do with video out, they're just that colour for giggles?

most crash carts are either old CRT's or pretty old LCD's :)

At least it isn't like macs which require an adapter to get it to a VGA port!

Francisco

• CoreyCorey Member

I didn't know they made server mobos with dvi?

• @Corey said: I didn't know they made server mobos with dvi?

They dont

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Roph said: I'd expect to see DVI or some other kind of output, but not VGA

VGA is a constant that just works, and think of all the old KVM setups, few like even working with the newer monitors.

Servers have some of the cheapest video chipsets know to exist, cuz how often do you really need to login to the console.

• lumaluma Member

with Idrac's, IPMI, etc I am surprised they even still have a graphics chipset :)

• @luma said: with Idrac's, IPMI, etc I am surprised they even still have a graphics chipset :)

I still use console from time to time, a few months ago a node failed, IPMI did not work. Thinks like that happen where you just need a vga input.